Pages - Menu

Saturday, November 14, 2020

~ Wildfire ~

 

Authors: Sam Burns & W.M. Fawkes
Title: Wildfire
Series: Sons of Olympus 1 
Pages: 
Release date: 2020 October 15
Add it on Goodreads
Buy it on Amazon
Rating: ★★★☆☆ (3,5)


Blurb: 

Wilder Pratt has given up trying to get his life together. Passed up for a promotion, left by his long-term boyfriend, nothing in his life seems to work how he planned. Wilder is just treading water . . . right up until the moment he trips over a dead student outside his office with a golden would-be murderer standing over the body.

Hermes has been running his whole life—from duty and danger, from a father who mistrusts him and siblings who outshine him. But when the students at Banneker College of magic start dropping dead one after another, Hermes’s ass is on the line. He finds himself playing bodyguard to a man who suspects him of murder, but that doesn’t seem enough to keep Professor Pratt’s hot hands off him.

An ancient evil has risen from the depths of Tartarus, and he’s coming for Banneker. The only thing standing in the way of a titanic apocalypse is one disappointing part-time professor and a god who’d rather abandon the world to its fate. But if they work together, they may just save everyone.

My review: 

I love Greek Mythology and I was really happy that I came across this book (and these authors, because I really have to check out the other books too!).

I enjoyed reading the story, the plot was interesting, the characters loveable, the romance and erotica was well written and the cover is really beautiful!

The first half of the book was amazing and I thought this would be a new favorite, but after a while the story got boring for me and it was a bit long for my liking. I was more interested in the Greek Mythology part of the story and wanted to see more "paranormal" things.
The romance part was instalove, but I didn't mind it at all, it fits the story really good, but I want more cuteness/cudless with my instalove and to really see them falling in love and not just written on the pages, I want to feel the emotions too.

So while it was an enjoyable read, I wanted more from this story. But it has great elements, so I'm staying for the other books too!

No comments:

Post a Comment