Pages - Menu

Sunday, November 08, 2020

~ Strawberry Kisses ~

 

Author: Charlie Novak
Title: Strawberry Kisses
Pages: 268
Release date: 2020 November 12
Add it on Goodreads
Buy it on Amazon
Rating: ★★★★☆ (4,5)


Blurb: 

Patrick’s To Do List:
1. Tell family I’m gay
2. Make giant cake for anniversary party
3. Convince Connor to be my fake boyfriend for the weekend
4. Try to keep my hands off Connor
5. Make sure Connor doesn’t find out I’ve been in love with him for the last three years

Connor’s Steps for Success:
1. Perfect pole routine for Chrome Stars
2. Continue search for perfect music
3. Survive weekend with Patrick’s family without mauling him while sharing a bed
4. Prevent feelings from exploding like a glitter bomb
5. Make sure Patrick doesn’t find out I’ve been in love with him forever

Strawberry Kisses is a 78,000 word standalone, contemporary MM romance featuring a sweet pastry chef, sassy pole dancer, a nosy but loving family, fabulous make-up, fluffy feels, and copious amounts of cake.

My review: 

Ingredients for a cute book: 

🍓cakes
🍓fake boyfriends
🍓coming out 
🍓friends to lovers 

Patrick was like reading about myself sometimes, and I enjoyed it more than I should LOL. The kitchen scenes were so real, it was exactly like I was there with Patrick and saw everything he did. 

Both Patrick and Connor were lovely characters and I loved that fake boyfriend situation they found themself in. Best friends to lovers with fake boyfriend theme are ALWAYS good, and this story was really amazing.

Loved that they were so in love with each other while totally blind to the other's feelings. Connor was afraid of loving his friend because he didn't know that Patrick is gay, and Patrick was afraid of loving Connor because he wasn't out and thought really low about himself. I loved the way they changed and finally got together. 

The romance was really sweet and I enjoyed reading this book. I hope we got to see more from this universe - Josh and Aaron with an enemies to lovers, please! I want a kitchen sex scene between those two. 

No comments:

Post a Comment