Pages - Menu

Monday, February 28, 2022

~ Elijah by H.L. Night ~

 

Author: H.L. Night
Title: Elijah
Series: Twisted Web 2 (not a standalone)
Pages: 264
Release date: 2022 March 1
Add it on Goodreads
Buy it on Amazon
Rating: ★★★★★ 


Blurb: 


Some people are players. Others are simply caught up in the game.

Elijah Page has undergone a metamorphosis. It may not have been of his own doing, but he’s happy with the end result. Therefore, when he’s abducted by a shadowy organization, he’s not about to take anything at face value. Who are they? What do they really want from him? And how much of what they’re telling him is the truth, particularly when it comes to Shai? They say they want to help him, to bring the old Elijah back, but that man’s long dead. Isn’t he?

Shai isn’t a man used to being outwitted. Nobody takes what belongs to him and gets away with it. But as the trail grows ever colder, and his fury grows, is he still making the right decisions? Or has Elijah’s presence in his life left him with a weakness that those who oppose him are only too willing to exploit?

Ex-military man Dale Miller is no stranger to unusual jobs, but this one seems more complicated than most. He doesn’t look at Elijah and see a killer. He sees an attractive man who’s been through hell and deserves protection. And he just might be the man for the job. Shai or no Shai.

Everyone’s got secrets. But who’s lying and who’s telling the truth? And how far are they prepared to go to get what they want?

There can be only one winner.


My review: 



"Shai was meant to be charismatic as well - a charismatic psycopath. Which was a deadly combination if ever I'd heard one. A man who could kill you with a smile on their face."

WOW. Shai was one of my favorite book last year and I couldn't wait for Elijah and to read more in this world. Shai and Elijah are both so twisted and darkly perfect, ahh, I can't with them! Love how dark and deadly they are together, while still romantic in a way?? YES!

"You should know by now to always expect the unexpected."
I couldn't put it down and read it in one sitting. It was so exciting and full with suspense and action. What is happening with Elijah? How is it possible? What would Shai do? What comes next? Elijah is really 'healing'? OMG, all those questions! And the story was told in two different timelines and with three different POVs. Shai, Elijah and Dale - and one part before and one is present day. SO GOOD.

"You're mine and you know it. One hundred percent mine. Mine to fuck. Mine to torment. Mine to kill should I wish. I could murder you, and you'd come back from the afterlife to say thank you. Isn't that right?"

I loved the different POVs and it was really enjoyable to read from their view, but Elijah was the best. Okay, Shai was awesome too, but he only because of the darkness he gave to the story (and mostly was in the 'before' part of the story). Elijah's scenes were sneaky, because he was either the good or the bad in this story, we didn't know what was real and what wasn't. There were some comments here and there where you could put the pieces together, but you had to wait for the grand reveal to know everything for sure. And I loooooved it.

Dale was okay, but too easyly distracted (or should I say, dickstracted? LOL). Oh and that plus info about him at the end!!!! Where is the next book, I want it now! Oh god, so good. 


"And he might be a psychopath, but he was my psychopath. And nobody was taking him away from me without a fight."


I really enjoyed this book, but I think Shai (the first book) was a little bit better then this, on dark and twisted level. Elijah is a really good one too, but I wasn't surprised even a bit at scenes like tormenting or killing someone. The story, the writing style and the characters, everyting is perfect and I really, really highly recommend this series if you love dark stories. 

Ahh, how I loved reading it. Give me more! 





No comments:

Post a Comment