Pages - Menu

Monday, November 30, 2020

~ Heatchliff and the Sexy Whippet ~

 

Author: A.M. Fox
Title: Heatchliff and the Sexy Whippet
Pages: 61
Release date: 2020 December 4
Add it on Goodreads
Buy it on Amazon
Rating: ★★★☆☆ (3,5)


Blurb: 

A Christmas feel-good tale of snowy, cobbled streets, unfulfilled desires and the sexiest whippet in Yorkshire!
When bubbly Sean Miles applies for a job with a film company, little does he realise what he’s getting into. As an experienced dog groomer, he’s great with fur and claws and loves a poochie cuddle, but has never offered human treatments. Until now.
Heath Mailer is playing the character of Heathcliff. Dark, brooding and intense, the lead actor can scowl aplenty but when he’s in trouble he doesn’t know how to ask for help. Who’s going to offer a hand to Mister Moody?
Forced to work together, Sean and Heath discover some unusual techniques that not only aid the production but also get to the heart of what ails the lead actor. Whoever said dog therapy can’t work on people? 


My review: 

Cute short story. 

The cover is really good and cute, so I thought I need to know what is this about. I'm not disappointed, but I thought it would be a bit more on the dog and romance theme.

The writing stlyle was good and it's a quick read, I started the book and the next thing I know it has ended. 

Sean and Heath both were lovely and I loved their relationship. Slow burn and so cute - exactly how a first love looks like, because it was that, pure first love. 

Sean's dog therapy and all things with dogs was adorable, and when he applied that to Heath and the others, I loved that. Heath on his back in vulnerable position was a lovely sight and loved how Sean handled everything. The only thing he knew how to do was with dogs, and he tried those knowledge on the crew too, and it worked.

I wanted a bit more romance, more touches, more emotions, so it's only 3,5 star for me. It was a cute book about first love, but I'm needy if it comes to first love - I need more intimacy.



No comments:

Post a Comment