Pages - Menu

Saturday, May 23, 2020

~ The Devil Inside ~




Author: Nicky James
Title: The Devil Inside
Pages: 
Release date: 2020 May 29
Add it on Goodreads
Buy it on (Amazon link later on release day)
Rating: ★★★★★


Blurb: 

Their love was innocent and pure…
Until they were forced to believe differently.
Until they were brutally schooled on the “right” way to love.

Oakland is not gay.
Jameson is not gay.

Being gay is wrong. It is immoral. It is a sickness they must fight. It is the devil inside that needs to be purged.

At least that’s what they’ve been conditioned to believe.

They’ve spent years trudging through the wreckage left behind after eight months in conversion therapy as teenagers.

When their lives collide again fifteen years later, the denial they’ve lived with for years gets harder and harder to fight.

They loved each other once. Can two broken men find a way to love each other again?

**Please heed trigger warnings. Use Look Inside feature before purchasing to view them**


My review: 

Never thought this book would be this painful. I wanted to cry, to smash my room, to hit someone, to scream. And what did I do? Just read and pray for HEA and for those two to be happy.

I thought this book will be about two men falling in love while neither one of them are gay. Instead I got to see them crash and burn. Two broken soul, one love story. 

"We weren't a good match to get out of this together. We were both too damaged, too broken to rely on one another for help, yet, he was my only companion in the dark. 
I wouldn't leave him behind."
This book was just as beautiful and painful as the other ones by Nicky. I fell in love with the story and loved reading Oak and JJ 's relationsip. The addictions both had, and the way they tried to find the light and accept themself and their feelings. It was beautifully written. How can something be this painful and beautiful at the same time?

"Of all my addictions, Jameson had always been the worst." 
And the side characters were amazing too. I loved Micah and Wally and Gerry too. They brought the sunshine to this story. 

JJ's POV was hardest and he suffered more, and I hurt for him and Oak too. Oakland's life was a bit lighter but the same dark as JJ's. Those things they went through in their teenage life was horrible. And I still want to scream and hit someone if I think about that story. 

Nicky James did it again and created two broken souls with an amazing and beautiful love story. Loved this book so much♥

"Ackknowledging that there isn't anything wrong with being ay or bi or however you indentify. It's about finding self-love and happiness." 

And I can't wait to read about how Micah and Wally's firt met.

No comments:

Post a Comment