Pages - Menu

Tuesday, October 16, 2018

~ Touch of Love ~


Author: Nicky James
Title: Touch of Love
Series : Trials of Fear 3 (can be read as standalone)
Pages: 258
Release date: 2018 October
Buy it on Amazon
Rating: ★★★★★
Audio release: 2021 April 10
Narrator: Adam Gold
Length: 10hrs 5mins
Buy it on Audible

Blurb:

Touch is a fundamental part of human interaction. What happens when that simple pleasure causes immeasurable fear?

Ireland Hayes has fought an uphill battle with his phobia most of his life, believing "normal" is unachievable.
Every time things look up, unexpected triggers set him right back to square one where he needs to start over.
When he falls, he falls hard.

Work is impossible.
Love is impossible.
Life is impossible.

Raven Kingsley takes life as it comes. Not many things bother this free-spirited man. He is passionate, vibrant, and easy-going. He’s the friend who’s always there, and the sympathetic shoulder for anyone in need.
He works hard.
Loves with his entire heart and soul.
And believes life is always possible.

Ireland doesn't have much faith in relationships. The past has proven many times that he isn't worthy of love. Everyone gives up. Will Raven prove different? When the walls come crashing down, will love prevail? Or are life, love, and happiness truly meant for someone else?

My review:

Nicky James's name is a guarantee for an amazing book. And the Trials of Fear series is so good, mental illness is one of my favorite trope, I love reading about different illnesses and Nicky's writing is always awesome! 

Haphephobia - A fear of touching or of being touched.

I wanted to read this book since I finished the second book in July and I counted the days to release date LOL. And I wasn't disappointed. This book was so good in every level. I loved Ireland and Raven, both were unique and strong characters.

"If i touched, it was a choice, if others touched, it was threatening. Today, both were problem."

And the fact that Raven was a singer,  OMG I loved him more for this, especially at the end when he performed for Ireland's mom and for Ireland too. 

"Why did normal stay so far out of reach? It was like playing Monopoly. I couldn't seem to get all the way around the board without landing on the "Go to Jail" square. I just wanted to pass go and collect my two-hundred dollars like everyone else."

The book was an emotional ride, it hurt to read about Ireland's fears and wars, but at the same time it was beautiful too. 

"She had faith, and I wanted to crawl under my med and live there forever."

The way Raven became more and more to Ireland day to day was beautiful. The little touches, the kisses, and oh man, that first kiss was everything! Best of the best kisses!

"Touch is not always painful. Touch can be gentle and soothing. Touch is a form of intimacy."

It was beautiful in and out. I loved reading it and loved every page. 

"I'd touched him. Willingly. Purposefully...and yearned to do it again."

The slow heat was so good! It builded up beautifully, and the intimacy of their relationship was lovely!

"The point of finding love was to find that someone who you connected with on such a level that you could envision yourself growing old with them. Sex didn't have to be the most important variable in the equation, did it?"

I highly recommend this book, although it wasn't my favorite in the series, I loved the second book - Shades of Darkness- much better, I've cried over it so many times, but this book was good too!
And plus point for Ireland's T1 diabetes- it was well written.

The book contains mental illness, male-male romance, suffering from phobia, a rock band with a hot singer and a hot nurse with tattoo and piercings.


Audio review:

Ireland is one of my all time favorite from the Trials of Fear series, and I couldn't wait to hear his story with Adam Gold's voice. 

It was so good. So, so full with emotions. I love Adam's voice and I love how he narrates, he gives life to these characters. 

Loved to be back with Ireland and Raven again, I missed them and their story was just as good for the second time as it was for the first. I fell in love again. 

And Krew is next! Wow I really CAN NOT wait for his story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment