Pages - Menu

Thursday, July 02, 2020

~ Clashing Hearts ~


Author: Nicky James
Title: Clashing Hearts
Series: Hometown Jasper 1 
Pages: 271
Release date: 2020 July 2
Add it on Goodreads
Buy it on Amazon
Rating: ★★★★★


Blurb: 

EASTON
There is nothing I hate more than when some big-city outsider stirs trouble in my peaceful little town. When Mr. Arrogance himself waltzes in and thinks he can slap a price tag on my land, he doesn’t know what he has coming. I’m not just a hick cowboy who’s going to bend to his good looks and charmless personality. No, sir.
I don’t care how smart he looks in his fancy suits, all he cares about is money.
I just wish I’d known who he was before I kissed him.

LACHLAN
The last thing I wanted was to get stuck in a small town with a plethora of quirky people. If the stubborn cowboy doesn’t see sense soon, I don’t know what I’ll do. Failure is not an option. I was sent to make a deal, and I’m not leaving until it’s done.
I don’t care how hot he looks in his low hanging denim, boots, and hat, he wouldn’t see a good opportunity if it smacked him in the face.
I just wish I could get the taste of him off my tongue.


City and country collide in this enemies-to-lovers, opposites attract, low-angst MM romance novel.


My review

If there is something I don't like, then comes Nicky James and put it in front of me like saying 'Here, it'll change your mind, read this!". She is like a witch I swear! I never in a million years thought I'm gonna LOVE a cowboy themed book. Never. And here I am and in LOVE with this book, this series and those characters. So perfect!

So if someone like me can love this book, then I think everyone will love this too. 



I started it with a bit scepticism and I needed some time to get lost in the story, but after a few chapters I was hooked. I fell for Lachlan and Easton. And for Easton's life style with the horses and that beast of a dog - Logan. And that kid, awww, Percy, he was a cutie, loved him too.
And I have to mention Josiah - LOL - he was something else. Josiah and the way he spoke, just OMG I can't! Hilarious.

Easton and Lachlan both were really complex characters and I loved watch them became more and more. Especially Lachlan. He came a really long way to become this super cute and caring man who loves the farm life too. I loved his insecurity and loved how they called each other names (I loved when Easton called Lachlan city). The tension between these two was so HOT. Really enemies to lovers, and so so amazing. 

Two alpha male, the exact opposite of each other, but still, they fallen in love and in bed.



This book was really not the usual Nicky James style - not the cry-whisperer and angst-queen kind - but it was really, really a good book. 
You know it was a really good one if you finish it with the biggest smile on your face. 

And the epilogue *swooooon*. Amazing! 

Highly recommend and can't wait the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment