Pages - Menu

Friday, July 17, 2020

~ Demons Do It Better ~


Author: Louisa Masters
Title: Demons Do It Better
Series: Hidden Species 1
Release date: 2020 August 6
Pages: 254
Add it on Goodreads
Buy it on Amazon
Rating: ★★★★★


Blurb: 

I work for Lucifer. Only, it’s not as cool and satanic as it sounds.

The truth is, I’m an admin assistant who applied for a job that sounded kind of interesting and ended up working for the Community of Species Government. I’m the only human in the office, and basically I ride herd on a team of rambunctious shifters and demons.

I also spend a lot of time avoiding Gideon Bailey, the demon I had a one-night stand with right before I took this job. He hates me, and I really want to avoid being murdered. But I’ve been offered a promotion that will mean working with him, so we’re both going to have to get over it.

Plus, people are going missing. Pregnant people. And the word is that someone is dabbling in genetic experimentation. Putting a stop to that is more important than the sexual tension Gideon and I have been ignoring… isn’t it?

My review: 

New to me author - but holysheeeet! This book was amazing! The cover and 'Lucifer' was enough for me to fall in love, but after I started reading the book, my jaw just dropped page after page - I couldn't believe how good this book was, and how deep I fallen in love with it.

Sam was a really cool character and I loved when he gotten drunk, OMG it was hilarioius! The whole situation with him being the only one human in his workplace, while working with demons, vampires and other paranormal species. And his team - but especially ALISTAIR - oh god, they were awesome! Alistair is just the best side character/friend ever. I need his book like RIGHT NOW! 

And Gideon *swoon*, it was so hot to watch Gideon with Sam, their first time together ... HOT! And after they realised it wasn't a one-time affair... I really loved this cat/mouse play, it was funny. And affectionate Gideon - shut uuuup!!! it was everything!

Loved everything in this book. The story was unique, the characters super fun, the scenes awesome. I read it in one-go, I just couldn't put it down. This book was really great, I loved from the first page to the last. 

No comments:

Post a Comment