Pages - Menu

Sunday, July 05, 2020

~ Boyfriend Material ~


Author: Alexis Hall
Title: Boyfriend Material
Release date: 2020 July 7
Pages: 368
Add it on Goodreads
Buy it on Amazon
Rating: ★★★★★


Blurb: 

Wanted:
One (fake) boyfriend
Practically perfect in every way

Luc O'Donnell is tangentially--and reluctantly--famous. His rock star parents split when he was young, and the father he's never met spent the next twenty years cruising in and out of rehab. Now that his dad's making a comeback, Luc's back in the public eye, and one compromising photo is enough to ruin everything.

To clean up his image, Luc has to find a nice, normal relationship...and Oliver Blackwood is as nice and normal as they come. He's a barrister, an ethical vegetarian, and he's never inspired a moment of scandal in his life. In other words: perfect boyfriend material. Unfortunately apart from being gay, single, and really, really in need of a date for a big event, Luc and Oliver have nothing in common. So they strike a deal to be publicity-friendly (fake) boyfriends until the dust has settled. Then they can go their separate ways and pretend it never happened.

But the thing about fake-dating is that it can feel a lot like real-dating. And that's when you get used to someone. Start falling for them. Don't ever want to let them go.


My review: 

Can't remember the last time when I wanted something this bad like this book. And if you want something, then you have expectations. And this book was way more then enough to satisfy my expectations.

First, the cover. It's effing perfect. It's enough for me to one-click it. It's written by Alexis Hall? Hell to the yes, give it to me and I won't hurt anyone. 😉

The book was long but not long enough - I mean, come on, I could read Luc&Oliver forever and I wouldn't be bored at all. There is something in Alexis Hall's writing style that hooks you to the story and won't let go. The characters, the background, the side characters/ friends/ parents, everything is real. Make you believe that you can totally meet them on the street, you can hug them and you can be friends with them. Their life is like yours - minus the rockstar parents. 

I fell in love with Oliver and Luc too, both were adorable, loveable and really good characters. Loved the way how Oliver called Luc Lucien, it was swoon worthy. So sweet. 
Loved how they fell slowly for each other but were really blind for the other's feelings. The fake boyfriend trope is really good, I love reading this kind of stories, and Oliver&Lucien were really, really a good couple. 
And Alex was hilarious, I liked him and the jokes between him and Luc.

The romance was perfect. I was hot for them. This is the perfect romance book ever. I just want to throw this book in few author's face' to read it and learn from it, because this is the way how you write romance without erotica while the reader is totally hot and bothered. When the kiss scene or just a simply touch can make you sweat - it's just PERFECT! You don't have to write full on sex scenes with all the details - Alexis Hall can make your heart beat faster with the simple of touches between the main characters. And this is right here what makes this book beautiful and perfect. 

Oliver&Lucien were perfectly imperfect, and I loved how they relationship worked. Their first kiss, their first date, their first sex (OMG that was so GOOD! How Oliver lost his politeness and got HOT. That scene was everything. E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G.)

I can't tell you how very much I loved this book. I need it on my shelf in paperback. And I need a real life Oliver to be friends with because he is so cute, I just want to hug him.

HIGHLY recommend this to everyone who needs romance. Perfect romance.

I just want to be able to forget this book and read it for the first time again. And again. And again. Oliver&Lucien are everything♥ 

No comments:

Post a Comment