Pages - Menu

Tuesday, July 28, 2020

~ Hummingbird and Kraken ~


Author: Reese Morrison
Title: Hummingbird and Kraken
Pages: 
Release date: 2020 July 30
Add it on Goodreads
Buy it on Amazon
Rating: ★★★☆☆ (3,5)


Blurb: 

Geir
Geir lives alone in the woods for a reason. And he likes it that way.
Until Declan lands on his doorstep, with a bubbly personality, shimmery lipstick, and dreams of adventure. Surely Geir can let him stay for a few days without giving in to temptation.
Or letting him discover that he’s a kraken shifter.
Only Declan has other ideas. Because Declan loves his tentacles. And he believes that Geir can be the Daddy that he needs.

Declan
Declan might be a teeny little bit impulsive. Alright, a lot impulsive. But he’s still allowed to believe in love at first sight, right? Geir is practically perfect, with his stern scowl, sexy secret, and possessive doting. When Declan settles in and makes friends with the neighboring shifter tribe, it feels like he might have found a home.
Of course, it isn’t that easy.
Strangers lurk in the area, harassing Declan for information about his shifter friends. Geir inexplicably disappears for hours every day. Declan’s only clues seem to lie in Native American legends, as he tries to unravel Geir’s past and their future together.
When danger threatens their small community, Declan’s loyalty is put to the test. And Geir must decide who he trusts, who he cares about, and who he is.

Hummingbird and Kraken is an expansion of the short story, My Kraken. It has non-mpreg shifters, a happy-go-lucky boy, a grumpy old kraken, bad guys on the loose, plenty of tentacles, and a HEA.


My review: 

The original free short story "My Kraken" was a really good read, I loved it and couldn't wait for the full length book to come out! But.

I think there are expectations when you're waitning for something this bad, and sadly this story wasn't what I hoped for. 
I wanted more romance, more tentacle and more erotica. And what I got? Weak characters, really few romance, many folklor/legend retelling... and sensual tentacle scenes. 
So after all I'm not sad, because the tentacle scenes were really, really sweet, I loved those so much. The author's strongest writing style is the sensual scenes, I love it when just a hug can give me all the warm feelings, and this time was like that. I loved when they were together and just 'were'.  Those scenes were the best. 

Ro was a good side character, and I can't wait to read their story too! 

The mistery and kindnapping scene was so out of the blue, it really didn't fit the story at all. And the jealousy... it can be hot, but this time it was just boring because they didn't speak at all. Declan was a whiny little brat with all the 'I want it this way' attitude - and don't get me start on the daddy kink. Just why! I LOVE daddy kink, but this wasn't perfect for these characters at all. Gier was a really sweet and caring character, I loved him really, really much, but Declan was... not for me for this time. I loved them in the short story, but this time with the full length book I just couldn't. They weren't the same. 

It may seem that I didn't liked the book, but it's not true. I really enjoyed it, but those were the things I don't liked. As I said, the sensual tentacle scenes, and Tier's friendship was really good. But Declan throw me off this time. 

It wasn't a bad book, the writing style is good and the book is easy to read, but I wanted more from this story. 

I read an ARC copy, and this is my honest review.


No comments:

Post a Comment