Pages - Menu

Monday, November 18, 2019

~ Damage Control ~ ♫

Author: Lynn Van Dorn
Title: Damage Control
Series: North Shore 1
Narrator: Michael Ferraiuolo
Length: 18hrs 58mins
Release date: 2019 September 30
Buy it on Audible
Rating:


Blurb: 

Everything to lose.

Tyler’s worked hard to kick the dust of the Chicago suburbs off his heels and move on with his life as Hollywood’s newest up-and-comer, burying his demons and hiding his scars from the world. Just as everything seems to be going his way, a scandal from his past threatens everything he’s worked for. Now he’s stuck back home, where his family of lawyers can maybe help sink the scandal and find out who’s behind it.

Afraid to love.

Josh doesn’t know what to think when his ex’s little brother falls into his arms, other than that Tyler is trouble with a capital T. But when Tyler’s publicist suggests that an adoring fake boyfriend might be just the ticket to saving Tyler’s acting career, Josh doesn’t mind playing along. It’s not like he has anything else going on, and faking a relationship with someone you’ve known your entire life can’t possibly be that difficult.

A second chance for two damaged hearts.

Now they’re stuck together for the foreseeable future, and neither can deny their mounting attraction. Why should they? They’re supposed to be in love, at least out in public. But in private, when no one is watching, Tyler and Josh grow closer in a way that has nothing to do with their agreed upon arrangement. What do they do when make-believe becomes real, and how can two men with such different lives have a shared future?


My review: 

I thought I give this book a second chance, because Michael Ferraiuolo is the narrator and duh! - it's the best thing that could happen to this book. But sadly I couldn't like it for the second time either.

Last year when I read the ebook, I gave it 4 star. It wasn't bad, but wasn't perfect either. But now with the audiobook - OMG I can't believe I finished it! I wanted to stop it and listen to other audiobooks, because if you haven'r realised it's nearly 19 hours! 19 hours of audio! But one thing motivated, clearly just that I need to finish it because then I can say I listened to an audiobook that lasted 19 hours. 

The story was too long and boring. The sex scenes weren't hot for me, and I just coulnd't fall in love with nothing with this book. Not with the voices and not with the characters. This book is just too long.

I don't know why, but if the book is written by only Lynn Van Dorn, I coulnd't enjoy it as much as I want to. But if she writes with someone else (like with Piper Scott) then I coulnd't put the book down. 

Read my review about the ebook HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment