Pages - Menu

Thursday, November 07, 2019

~ After the Crash ~

Author: Emma Alcott (Piper Scott)
Title: After the Crash
Pages:
Release date: 2019 November 11
Pre-order it on Amazon
Add it on Goodreads
Rating: ★★★★☆


Blurb: 

Rule #1 Straight military men will always be straight, no matter how much you wish otherwise
Rule #2 Being a billionaire won’t change that (probably)
Rule #3 The whole thing between you when you were in high school? It was only fantasy
Rule #4 One-sided fantasy
Rule #5 God, how great would it be if it was a two-sided fantasy?
Rule #6 Okay, getting off track
Rule #7 Hiring your hot high school crush is totally okay
Rule #8 If you don’t let your feelings get in the way, everything will be fine

Marshall Lloyd is about to be very not fine. Not only is his high school crush back in his life, but he’s matured into a gruff, brooding, drop-dead-gorgeous specimen of a man that makes Marshall’s wet dreams seem about as exciting as drying paint. The only problem: Fox Fraser, the individual in question, is straight.

Super straight.

The kind of straight that would make a ruler jealous.

But if what Marshall sees when he looks in Fox’s eyes is to be believed, he’s broken, too. There are scars inside of him that no one notices. No one but Marshall. It’s not wrong to want to help him, is it? To hire him to take care of things around the house so he can get back on his feet? It’s just work. Work that leads to lingering looks. To prolonged touches. To… mmph. It’s better not to think about it. Marshall’s fantasies aren’t real. A guy like Fox would never pin him to a wall and do things to him like that.

Maybe.

Probably.

Right?


My review:

I had mixed feelings about this book when I first saw the cover. I didn't recognized the author's name, and didn't liked the cover for the first time either... but! 

But then I recognized it was Piper Scott's new name, and I was game! So I was really happy when I got the ARC copy and started to read it immediately.

I liked reading this book, Marshall and Fox both were interesting characters. Marshall is such an awesome, cool and funny person, I loved him. 
And Fox, aww poor cutie pie. My heart ached for him. 

I loved their relationship and how everything changed between them. And Sam! God that boy! I loved him very much, he was really funny and loved how cute he was. 

The story was good, but not good enough. I missed reading more about Fox's PTSD - I mean not about the real thing, but about the healing process. More about dealing with this on a day to day basis with Marshall. It looked like he got better after a couple of days and with nothing at all. 

And the sex scenes were a bit strange for me, I'd raised my eyebrows a couple of times. Fox was not so good at the sex speach lol. I don't know why but they weren't hot for me. They were good and okay but not as hot as I imagined. 

And the whole nerd/military theme didn't come through as strong.

I liked this book, but if it was my first from the author, I wouldn't want to read the next... 

But gladly, not my first, so bring it on! Give me the next book, and give me some Sam's story too!


After the Crash is the first book in the Small Town Hearts series, which features heroes scattered across the rural United States who find love where they’re least expecting it. In addition to explosive chemistry, you can expect sneezing bushes, tea that tastes like hay, and a wet wrestling match that's just boys having fun, Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment