Pages - Menu

Thursday, November 07, 2019

~ Bodyguard's Bite ~

Author: Silvia Violet
Title: Bodyguard's Bite
Series: Howler's Brothers 2 (can be read as standalone)
Pages:
Release date: 2019 November 8
Pre-order it on Amazon
Add it on Goodreads
Rating:  ★★★★☆

Blurb:

What if the one thing you wanted most was forbidden?

Wealthy werewolf Storm Howler wants a chance to act out his submissive fantasies without his overprotective brothers scaring off every dominant man in sight. If he can’t choose his own partners, how will he ever find his fated mate?

As the former leader of a shifter special forces unit, Jax knows how to keep people safe, but he also craves the one thing he never had in the military: control.

When Storm and Jax meet, tension sizzles between them. It only takes one night of control and surrender for each of them to question whether they’re fated for one another. But the next day, they discover Storm’s brothers have hired Jax as Storm’s new bodyguard. Rather than resign, Jax agrees to the hands-off policy in his employment contract, because no one can protect Storm as well as he can. But when danger threatens, Storm needs a man who can calm his mind as easily as he protects Storm’s body. The two begin spending more time together, and there’s only so long anyone can fight against fate—or love.

My review: 

*sigh*

I had high hopes for this book. 
Sadly.
I gave 4 stars for the first book because I wanted the second to be perfect. 
Sadly it wasn't.
This book was a 4 star read too.

It wasn't bad, but wasn't unique and amazing either. 

The erotic scenes were really good but not enough - only 2-3. The story was set in the same time as the first book, and this kind of storytelling confuses me sometimes, I like the real storyline much better. 

Storm and Jax were interesting, but I liked Storm much better. Jax wasn't a complex character, he wasn't present as a main character for me, just like a side character. But it was written in dual POV, so I don't know why I had this feeling. Jax just was there and didn't do anything, didn't had an own thought, just ...was.

Storm was strong, he knew what he wanted and did everything to get it. He was submissive but he was so complex and he was the best in this book. 

The whole fating process was late, and I hate it when the MCs are suffering but deny what they want and need. Frustrating and boring as hell. 

I have only one hope left, and that is Shadow. I need Shadow's book to be the most amazing ever! But I have a feeling he would be the 4th in this series, so now I just wait. 

No comments:

Post a Comment