Pages - Menu

Sunday, August 23, 2020

~ Just Friends ~ by Saxon James

 

Author: Saxon James
Title: Just Friends
Series: Never Just Friends 1 
Pages: 259
Release date: 2020 August 27
Add it on Goodreads
Buy it on Amazon
Rating: ★★★★☆ (4,5)


Blurb: 

Roo

Five years ago, I walked away from Sunbury, Oregon, and left my best friend behind.
The move was supposed to get my life on track. I even had a list.
Life changing epilepsy surgery. Check.
See the world. Check
Get over my straight best friend … Not exactly.
No matter where I go or who I meet, I can’t let Tanner go.
I’m back to tell him how I feel. To get the closure I need once and for all.
Only now I’m here and falling for him all over again, it’s getting harder to say the words.
Because once I have my closure, I’ll be gone.
And this time it will be for good.


Tanner

When my best friend, Roo, left for Australia, it was the worst day of my life.
I thought we’d have each other always.
But Roo needed the surgery so I let him go, thinking he’d come straight back.
Five years is a long time.
Now he’s here, all I want is to hold on tight.
I need to show him what he means to me.
The problem is, I’m not exactly sure what that is.
My draw to him has always been confusing and different—everyone in town says so. But I struggle to understand it.
All I know is I won’t survive him leaving again.
And I’ll do anything to make him stay.


Just Friends is a best friends-to-lovers romance with an oblivious MC, only one bed, and terrible kangaroo jokes.


My review: 

Really sweet friends to lovers story, I loved reading Roo and Tanner's book. 

Loved the 2 POVs and loved that Roo has epilepsy and Tanner is dyslexic. Roo was the sunshine of this story and he is the sweetest thing ever. And Tanner, oh sweet blind Tanner who is not seeing what is in front of him. It was too cute to be real LOL - it was mostly hilarious that everyone thought that Tanner and Roo are dating since high school, I loved that fact, it was really sweet. I loved how affectionate they were and much they loved and cared for each other, even if they thought it's only as friends. I LOVED those scenes when they got just a bit too friendly, cuddling all the time, sitting in each other laps, kissing(not on the lips), and alllll the cute scene you can imagine. They were really like lovers without knowing the fact that they're in love with each other. 

I was sad a bit while reading the book, because I wanted scenes where you can see Roo while having epilepsy and how he and Tanner handle that, and wanted to see Tanner is sutiation where his dyslexic is on... yeah, I needed to wait to see those, but I'm glad there were scenes like those because it was more then important to see them in this situations. And Roo was so cute when he got cuddly after an epilepsy, and Tanner was so so protecive♥

Loved reading this book, highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment