Pages - Menu

Monday, August 10, 2020

~ Malthusia's Fate ~


Author: Emma Jaye
Title: Fate
Series: Malthusia 1 
Pages: 
Release date: 2020 August 14
Add it on Goodreads
Buy it on Amazon
Rating: ★★★★☆


Blurb: 

I run because I don’t have a choice. I run for those who can’t, for those inside me.

The Three Faced God should have chosen my Fate, should have molded me according to the needs of my fellow Malthusians, but some assume they are above even God. I should have been at least a beta, hopefully an alpha, but never this.

They thought changing my body would change my soul, that I’d be a compliant omega while they used and experimented on me. Others die, others submit, and say its their Fate.
I know different.
A malthusian caused this, one of my own kind. They think they’ve won, but I’ll win, simply by living another second, another day. But can I survive alone?

Adult content, a gritty, steampunk alternate universe storyline, including genetic engineering, captivity, torture, domestic abuse, forced pregnancy, and murder. Alpha, beta, and omega genderfluid characters. Length: 120,000 words. Not a standalone. HFN ending.


Length: 120,000 words. Not a standalone. HFN ending.


My review: 

This book was so not what I imagined it would be. It's really an unique story with unique characters, but from the cover and the blurb I imagined something else. It wasn't bad, I enjoyed reading it, but there were some chapters that were boring. I almost DNF'd 3 times. I was so bored at the beginning, nothing important happened, we only got to know one of the main character and his big family. I know it was important for the story for seeing the big picture, and to see the world the author created, but it was really boring for me. 

The world building and the whole Mathulsia was really interesting, I love unique worlds with it's own life. The alpha/beta/omega body changing was so cool, Tav and Mir both were amazing characters and I loved them. 

I knew that it's not really an mpreg book, but still... I couldn't shut my brain down, because it wanted mpreg, m/m and dark. And this book wasn't either one of them. I just kept waiting for the darkness, but it never came. And with the biology thing, it was m/f , and the pregnancy wasn't a surprise either. It's the only thing why I couldn't enjoy it as much as I wanted it to. 

I loved Mir and Tav and it was important to see their life from the beginning to that point where they met. But. It was a really long and sometimes boring way to finally reach the point where their life and history collide. (And okay, sometimes it was dark, mostly for Mir, but I thought it would be much more darker...) But after it, it was just perfect! I couldn't put it down, and the earlier boring chapters were in the past. I loved reading it and was really curious what the future will hold to them. 
And that cliffhanger... oh! my! god! Come onnnnn!!!!

As I said, the world building with the characters were amazing, superb even! If there weren't for those boring scenes for me, it would be a favorite 5 star read, but this time only 4,5, and the waiting will be killing me. I need the next book! I'm sure that book will rock my world.




No comments:

Post a Comment