Pages - Menu

Wednesday, August 05, 2020

~ Confused Hearts ~


Author: Nicky James
Title: Confused Hearts
Series: Hometown Jasper 2 (can be read as standalone)
Pages: 253
Release date: 2020 August 6
Add it on Goodreads
Buy it on Amazon 
Rating: ★★★★★

Audio
Release date: 2021 February 4
Buy it on Audible
Narrator: Nick J. Russo
Length: 9hrs 8mins
Rating: ★★★★★


Blurb: 

Knox

Let me get one thing straight.
I am not in love with my best friend.
My heart isn’t broken, and there is no he who’s going to swoop in and magically make it all better. Whatever that crazy psychic says, it’s not true!
I’m Knox MacKenzie, and I’m straight as an arrow. I like girls—even though they don’t always like me back.
If my heart beats a little faster and my tummy gets a bit wobbly when the local bartender sets his fascinating eyes on me, it’s no one’s business but my own.

Lucky

Unrequited love might suck, but it brought the loneliest man in small-town Jasper to my brewery. Knox has no idea how transparent he is—even when the batty old psychic tells him the truth to his face.
But Knox is convinced he’s straight.
He’s convinced she’s confused.
Well, I’m convinced those looks we share mean more.
What Knox needs is a friend to help him forget his broken heart and figure out who he truly is.


A low-angst, bisexual awakening, MM romance novel.

My review: 

I'm so so happy! I was so excited for Know and just couldn't wait for his book, and let me tell you, this book gave so much more then I thought. Knox and Lucky's story was perfect in every way. 

Knox, poor baby, he is such a cutie pie, I just want to hug him and be his best friend forever - sorry Easton, we have to fight for that title LOL. 
I loved being in Knox's head, it was so good to see how he saw the world and how blind he was to his feelings. It was both painful and funny to watch him finding out his sexuality.

Lucky, aww he is such a perfect specimen! I loved him, and his patient toward Knox. I loved how cute they were together and how they build their friendship. Those cute little touches, and just everything you can imagine. It was really well written, their relationship was everything I want from a friends to lovers bisexual awakening story. Knox blindness was the best thing, and I loved how he figured everything out, and his friendship with Easton was awesome too - I was so happy for them. And happy for Knox and Lachlan too. 

And good god, Josiah! I liked him in the first book, but here, OMG it was so cool! I loved Lucky and Josiah's friendship, and how cool it was that Lucky just knew everything from Josiah's style of speaking. Ahh I really can't want for Josiah's book! 

I wanted to say that it was better then the first, but nah, Easton and Lachlan have a special place in my heart, just like Knox and Lucky too. I really, really loved this book. It was everything I didn't know I wanted and needed. And I love how well Nicky James is with this low angst stories ;) 

I love this series and highly recommend. Aww Knox♥

My audio review: 


I love this series so much, and the audio version is so, so good too!

The narrator's voice is so awesome and I love how he plays the characters differently. My favorite is still Josiah, I couldn't stop laughing when he was on the scene and just said 'You know...' . Best character ever! But this is not his book, so Josiah, stand in the corner please, thank you!

Lucky and Knox are two lovely character and the bisexual awakening is so well written. Knox is so blind to his own feelings and it's awesome to see him realize what he really feels toward his best friend and toward Lucky too. And Lucky's pansexual/demisexuality was so good too. I love both men, they are just perfect for each other.

Love the romance and the get-to-know-each-other-more scenes, it's slow burn, but oh so hot!

I could write about this for days without getting bored. This book is just so good both in written and audio format. I will definitely re-listen to it!

Congrats for both Nicky and Nick. Amazing product!

No comments:

Post a Comment