Pages - Menu

Saturday, August 15, 2020

~ The Experiment ~


Author: Rebecca Raine
Title: The Experiment
Release Date: 2020 August 18
Genre/s: Contemporary MM Romance
Trope/s: Friends-to-Lovers, Gay for You, First-time Gay
Themes: Friendship, Self-discovery, Self-experimentation
Heat Rating: 4 flames
Length: 85 000 words/ approx. 210 pages
Add it on Goodreads
Buy it on Amazon
Rating: ★★★★★


Blurb: 

When a single kiss calls your sexuality into question, there’s only one sure path to a reliable answer: further research.

Patrick
I like to think I know myself outside and in. As a developmental psychologist, I’ve spent years exploring the true foundations of my identity. So, when losing a bet means kissing my best friend, Logan, I already know I’m going to hate every second of it. All the relevant questions regarding my sexuality were asked and answered years ago. The results were conclusive: despite the odd same-sex attraction, I dislike being touched by men.

That is, it seems, until Logan is the man doing the touching. The intense desire aroused by his kiss contradicts all my expectations and I have no idea how to integrate the new information. Thankfully, I know exactly how to uncover the truth about myself—once and for all.

Logan
I’ve put a lot of effort into keeping Patrick out of my fantasies and in the friend-zone. Our recent lip-lock may have unleashed my feelings for him temporarily, but I’ll get them back on their platonic track in no time. Falling for a friend, especially a sexually ambivalent friend, is a one-way ticket to heartache.

But, when the unforeseen impact of our kiss inspires Patrick to conduct an experiment into the extent of his bisexuality, I can’t resist volunteering to help. If any man is going to join Patrick on his journey of self-discovery, it’s sure as hell going to be me.


My review: 

LOOOOVED this book. Holyhell how good it was! Did I tell you how I love finding new authors with amazing writing style? This book blew my mind - loved every page of it. It was romantic and erotic and real. 

Friends to lovers, bisexual awakening, first time gay - HOT as hell! 

Patrick and Logan were both great characters, and their story was so so good. Loved the whole experiment thing, Patrick finidng his own sexuality. He himself even didn't believed that he can love a man, that he is bisexual and not straight. And Logan, sweet Logan, he was crushing so hard over Patrick. Both men were so blind to each other feelings, I love this kind of story when it's not too much but you can really see that they are crushing so hard, and can't wait to see them finally collide. 

One kiss, then a bit more. Just to find out how not straight Patrick is. So GOOD!

Really loved this book and HIGHLY recommend it. I need more from the author!


No comments:

Post a Comment