Pages - Menu

Saturday, May 30, 2020

~ Looks Can Be Deceiving ~



Author: Quinn Ward
Title: Looks Can Be Deceiving
Series: The Lodge 2 (can be read as standalone)
Pages: 242
Release date: 2020 May 25
Add it on Goodreads
Buy it on Amazon
Rating: ★★★☆☆


Blurb: 

How can a single parent long for someone to call Daddy?

Everything I do is to make sure my daughter has a good life. More often than not, that means I have to ignore my own desires, but she's worth it.

Working at a kink club might not have been my best move, but the tips make up for the torture of being faced with my fantasies every night.

One night, that's all William asked for...

One night will never be enough for me. As soon as I felt his arms holding me while I fell asleep in his lap, I was hooked. He encourages me to be little, but understands it's not something I can give him all the time.

He loves me just as I am, whether I'm little and needy or on my knees and begging for him.

When the sides of my life collide, will it all be too much for William?

Looks Can Be Deceiving is the second book set at The Lodge, the quirkiest kink club in Annandale. It features an overworked single dad and a retired soldier who avoids any structure in his life until his boy needs mandated nap time and play time.


My review: 

I think it was my first Quinn Ward book and I don't know what to think. Everyone seems to love their books especially the daddy/boy ones, but after this book I'm not so sure I want more like this?

This story was like a mix of words. You put some ideas in the mixer then hit start. I felt like so much was missing from the book. I checked many times that I'm on the wrong page because I felt I'm missing something important from the story and the plot. 

It was really low on the daddy/boy theme. So low I wouldn't even call this an age-play book. Tell me, where were little scenes? Where were sweet daddy/boy scenes? WHERE! 

The blurb was so promising, but the story wasn't that good. 

I missed the age-play scenes, missed the romance and mostly the erotica! How and where they ended in love?! HOW! It were mostly just words on the page and nothing behind them.

There were some sweet scene here and there, but mostly it was me who was praying for something more. 

I'm sad because I really really wanted to love this book. It's hard to find daddy/boy books I don't like...

No comments:

Post a Comment