Pages - Menu

Wednesday, April 01, 2020

~ Until the End of Time ~


Author: Nicky James
Title: Until the End of Time
Pages: 231
Release date: 2016 December
Add it on Goodreads
Buy it on Amazon
Rating: ★★★★★


Blurb:

Being a gay man in eighteen twenty-seven, England was not only frowned upon but punishable by death. Magistrate Simon Stockley would know. He’d convicted men in his courtroom and sentenced them himself. Every time, it left a vile taste in his mouth because Simon was no different than the men whose lives he claimed.

Overcompensating for his secret, fearing discovery, Simon walked the straight and narrow with everything he did. Being overly cautious with life was second nature to him. The consequences of being discovered were among his worst fears. Sadly, this was his life and he accepted it.

Until one cold day in October when James Hansen was led into his courtroom.
Blinded by the fire in James’ eyes and the energy seething from his core, Simon’s entire life was thrown upside down. One cursory glance at the criminal and nothing would ever be the same again.

Problem.

James’ crimes were severe and his punishment was death. However, there was something about him that Simon couldn’t put his finger on. Despite all sensibility, Simon couldn’t let him go.

Maybe some things were worth the risk.

Maybe rules were meant to be broken.

Secrets were wonderful… until someone found out the truth.


My review: 

One thing for real - historical isn't my jam. Like at all. So I was more then curious to find out my relationship with this book. And let me tell you - IT WRECKED ME TO PIECES.

If there's an author who can write anything and I'll love it, that's Nicky James.

This book was so beautiful. Just to imagine that it could be real, that there were times when this happend to people who were gay (and to imagine that there are still countries which are the same :( ). 


"For all my life, I would never forget the day I first looked into that man’s eyes. It was like staring upon heaven itself on a clear summer day, and I would swear to you on my parents’ graves, the angels sang to me just then."

Simon was a really brave and strong character. He was nervous and careful, but brave too. And James *sigh* so cute and brave too. Both had patient and strength. And love. The love between these two was so amazing. I have no words. They were cute, lovely, and their story is heartbreakingly beautiful. 

Those 5 years... sad but full with hope. Simon and James had hope in each other, and I had hope in Nicky for the HEA.

The ending was so good. I couldn't see, because the tears in my eyes... but so so good. This is what a real love story looks like. This is what love is. This is what endless love is.
This is what love looks like until the end of time. 

So beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment