Pages - Menu

Wednesday, April 01, 2020

~ Colosseum of Lust ~

Author: Meraki P. Dark
Title: Colosseum of Lust
Series: Dark Empire 1
Pages:
Release date: 2020 April 3
Add it on Goodreads
Buy it on Smashwords
Rating: ★★★★☆


Blurb: 

Self-reverence, self-knowledge, self-control; these three alone lead life to sovereign power. ~Alfred Lord Tennyson

A sinister dark web niche for bored rich people with a depraved need to watch sexual decadences have put their money into a project to give them just that. High-end entertainment with lots of violence and lots of sex.
The gladiators have three things in common: They’ve been kidnapped, pumped full of drugs to enhance their strength and stamina, and nobody would ever miss them. Except Duncan who ended up strapped to a lab table as a result of mixed identities.

Since childhood, three personality traits had been attributed to Duncan: Intelligent, determined, and brave. And soon, he’ll marry his geeky fiancé while his best friend and colleague stands next to them. All that come in handy when he wakes up in a nightmare beyond anything that he could have ever dreamt up himself.

He’s going to need that intelligence and courage to get through this. He’s going to need that dedication and love from his fiancé and best friend. And the determination to turn that hell on the ones who put him there.


My review: 

This book is a good start for a new series and after that cliffhanger... count me in for the other books too! 

The story was interesting, the scenes dark enough, but I had some probleme with the characters. Duncan was a mistery to me, I couldn't wrap my head around the fact that why he stayed?! I got his strength and will to live and to escape, but he wasn't the person who those men wanted, so why stay silent about it?! 

The lighter scenes after the darker ones was good too, I loved to watch Duncan caring for his "new friend". They were good together. 
The doctor was a good one too! I love this kind of characters - bad but has brain and not just the bad in the background. I loved how Duncan interacted with him, it was good and I laughed when the doc outsmarted Duncan. Poor Duncan...but I laughed. 

The ending was in a hurry, and I didn't liked those few chapter in Alex's POV - I know that it was important to see what's happening in the real world and how and when will Duncan escape, but it was boring. 

And that cliffhanger! God, give me the next NOW! 

No comments:

Post a Comment