Pages - Menu

Wednesday, April 01, 2020

~ A Home for Ben ~

Author: Amy Bellows
Title: A Home for Ben
Series: Alaskan Pebble Gifters 3 (can be read as standalone)
Pages: 237
Release date: 2020 March 31
Add it on Goodreads
Buy it on Amazon
Rating: ★★★★☆ (3,75)


Blurb:

Ben is a Pebble Gifting Season reject. He wandered the cold streets of Anchorage for three weeks straight, hoping an alpha would give him a pebble. But no one did.

Axel is banished. He lost his temper four years ago and almost killed the alpha who abandoned his brother. Now he can only spend a handful of days per year in Anchorage, which is when he comes upon a sad penguin shifter in a wrinkled tuxedo.

When Cyrano runs into Ben and Axel by chance, he decides to lure them both to bed. Clearly, Ben needs someone to show him how irresistibly attractive he is, and Axel needs to be reminded that he’s a good man, despite what happened in the past.

Cyrano’s sure he can do both at the same time. On the same night. After all, he’s good at multitasking. It’s a perfect plan. Until he falls in love. With both of them.

A Home for Ben is an MMM romance with an accidental pet tortoise, two omegas who get pregnant at the same time, and cameos from previous characters in the Alaskan Pebble Gifters series. This book is the third in the series, and will only make sense if you’ve read the first two books.

Please note that A Home for Ben includes both traditional MPreg and MPreg of the penguin egg variety.


My review: 

I love this series so much, and this made me to fall in love with penguins. But I feel that the first book was the best and nothing can compares to that.  I tried, really really tried to fall in love with this book too - like come on, it's menage! and I love menage! But I only found the missing things and I made a list in my head while reading - and I hate making list while reading.

Ben, Axel and Cyrano. Their story was good, but I think it would be so much better with more pages. Like many more pages. This story needs more. So much more.

I missed the explanations for Ben's rejection - we never got to know how the Pebble Gifting Season goes, in this case only just that Ben got rejected. 
The daddy thing was to much at some point. Especially when Ben called both Cy and Axel daddy. How to tell the different between those two when you call them the same? And this whole daddy thing came too easily for him.
Cy got so much potential, but sadly we didn't got to know him more deeply. I think three was to much for Amy in this book, we only got to know the characters on the surface. Three character needs more time. 
And that whole rusalka thing - that was what took the pages and time from the boys. Don't get me wrong, it was interesting and I liked reading those scenes, but less would be better.

I missed more erotica and more heat. Two daddies and one eager omega, and sadly, but I can't remember for one hot scene. 

The pregnancy was a disappointment too, especially when they said that they didn't wanted to sync their pregnancy - but well, they got pregnant at the same time but with different carrying times. 

The nesting. I don't know why, but that wasn't good either for me. And nesting is my favorite, so i'm really sad that I didn't get to love it. I'm so sad that this book wasn't what I wanted. 

I'm sorry for pointing out only the bad scenes, but my brain only got those. 

I still love this series, but I want to forget this book right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment