Pages - Menu

Friday, August 09, 2019

~ Verismo ~

Author: E.M. Lindsey
Title: Verismo
Series: Magnum Opus 1
Pages: 363
Release date: 2015 August
Buy it on Amazon
Rating: ★★★★☆ (4,5)


Blurb: 

Two men, shaped by the demons of their past, find their lives inexplicably intertwined.

Nicolas Michaud, the prodigy composer and pianist, grew up apart from the world. A mother who neglected him, and a father who never met him. But when he's suddenly orphaned, Nicolas is taken from his comfortable home and thrown into a life where no one understands him. Consumed by his desire to find the perfect musician for his Magnum Opus, he turns away from human relationships, and it turns him cold. Taking a job at the University in the United States, Nicolas is met with disappointment and regret.

Until he meets Cedric Blum, a young chemical engineering student with a secret talent for music like Nicolas has never seen. But Cedric has his own past to overcome. With the help of an old friend, and new relationships, the pair begin their journey toward love, life, and the Magnum Opus.

In the end, will Cedric's happy nature thaw Nicolas' icy exterior, or will Nicolas find himself consumed by his fear of love?

My review: 

I saw this book recommended all the time and I was really curious about it. Then I saw I bought it in 2016! Lol, always forgetting about the TBR list. 

I wanted to read some unique story with lovely characters with either full on erotica and/or romance. Only the erotica was missing, but i'm not complaining, not at all! 

I loved this book! Cedric and Nicolas were both amazing characters, and I loved reading about them. Cedric with his blindness... and with his talent! And Nicolas with his ego and talent! OMG! Perfect! And their past were well written with those little darkness. The story was built very well, I loved the storyline so much. Everything fit at the end. And the piano! 

It was a really good book, but at times I thought it's too long and over written. 

I rarely read NA books, but it was cute and good. I recommend it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment