Pages - Menu

Saturday, August 17, 2019

~ Long Way Home ~

Author: Nicky James
Title: Long Way Home
Pages: 310
Release date: 2019 August 14
Buy it on Amazon
Rating: ★★★★☆


Blurb: 

It was love at first sight.
They were soulmates.
It was forever.
But they were only sixteen.
Too innocent. Too naïve.
Too ignorant about the world around them.
Besides, nothing lasts forever.
With their fairy-tale future torn to shreds, both boys need to learn to find their own way in an unforgiving world.
Gavin Buchanan is thrown into a life he didn’t want, molded to do a job he always feared. He must learn to get by, but with only his brothers in arms to lean on and secrets so deep they eat at his core every day, he struggles. How long until life in the Marine Corps turns this gentle, tender-hearted man into someone no one recognizes?
Owen Wallace is adrift and going through the motions. Every time he tries to stand tall and put the past behind him, life kicks him down. There is only so much a person can take before they turn bitter and jaded. It wasn’t supposed to be this way.
Their souls are bound to each other.
Nothing will keep them apart.
It will take time, but they just need to find their way home.


My review: 

Confession 1: My kindle survived this reading
Confession 2: My heart survived this reading too
Confession 3: I don't know how many times I wanted to scream to Nicky James...

Guys, this book! *sigh*

Idiot as I am, started to read without reading the blurb or know anything important about this book. But it's not a surprise, i love to being suprpised while reading. And what a surprises did I got!

Gaving and Owen's story was so good. It hurt but in a good way, I think? No... it did hurt but in bad ways too! 

I loved high school Owen and Gavin. They were such a cuties, they were happy and ignorant to the adult life. They biggest probleme was to find a hiding spot to kiss or make out. They were everything. They had their life planned together forever. And as they believe in it, I too. 

Then Nicky James happened... lol

I think I screamed cried and tried to throw my kindle away...countless times. But I hoped. And hoped...

The book was beautiful and heartbreaking. I loved and didn't loved at the same time. 

I hurt for Owen and I hurt for Gavin. Their happiness was my number one priority, but Nicky James thought it different... 

So I still read and hoped. And screamed. A lot. 

Owen and Gavin, I just wanted them to be happy. And I mean happy together, because they were ment for each other. And I couldn't wait to read about it! 

As I said, it was a heartbreakingly beautiful book, I felt all the feelings, and I just wanted to hug Owen and Gavin and tell them that everything will be fine at the end, just wait for it. I still want to hug them and never let them go. They are the cutest and they deserve the very best in life. 

Highly recommend it, just be prepared for all the feels, and get a box of tissues too! 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment