Pages - Menu

Saturday, August 17, 2019

~ The Price of Paradise ~


Author: Meraki P. Dark
Title: The Price of Paradise
Pages:
Release date: 2019 August 12
Buy it on
Rating: ★★★☆☆ (3,5)


Blurb:

Everybody thought fracking was just another way of getting resources out of the ground. But everybody forgot that we don’t really know what’s down there.

In a world on fire, humans live in hives. Ignorant of everything that goes on outside their hive, only a few have a chance of relocating and seeing something outside of what they’re born to care for until they die.

At age twenty, they’re tested. At age twenty, they know their future. Those chosen few are sent off to another hive to ensure genetic diversity in breeding programs.

At least that’s the future they’ve been told awaits them.

But the world isn’t just on fire. It’s been conquered. The twenty-year-old men and women believing they’re going to go help humanity repopulate are in for a nasty surprise.


My review: 

*sigh*

I wanted so much from this book... I think I had high hopes. Sadly, the book wasn't what I wanted. It wasn't bad, not at all, but I missed some things from it.

First of all, i don't know what the purpose of this story? I don't know what it was, it didn't gave anything to me. I didn't felt anything, I just read and read and hoped for something to change. But that change didn't come and the book had endend, and I was dissapointed. 

The dark elements were good, i really loved reading those scenes, but sometimes they were boring and not so dark. The biggest probleme for me was that i couldn't connect with either character and couldn't felt their motivations and feelings. 

I didn't want erotica or romance in the books if it's not neccesary, but if we got some spike of it, i want more of it. I think in this case it wasn't the main line to put romance in the book, but it was there...and it wasn't there at all. The scenes were good, the connection between the characters were good, but i could read the book without it.

The hybrid things and the dystopian world was good and i wanted to read more about it, but sadly, the human connection got the attention which wasn't as important.


No comments:

Post a Comment