Pages - Menu

Tuesday, March 24, 2020

~ Need for Speed ~

Author: Ella Frank & Brooke Blaine
Title: Need for Speed
Series: The Elite 2 (can not be read as standalone)
Pages:
Release date:
Add it on Goodreads
Buy it on Amazon
Rating: ★★★★☆


Blurb: 

Need for Speed is the continuation of Solo and Panther’s story and should only be read after book one, Danger Zone.

They train to serve their country.
They strive to be the best.
But only a select few can be...
The Elite

* * *

MATEO MORGAN
CALL SIGN: SOLO


Reckless, arrogant, and bold, Solo is as known in the U.S. Navy for his bad-boy reputation as he is for his skills as a fighter pilot. It’s a surprise to his peers, then, when he’s chosen to train and compete at the most prestigious naval aviation academy in the world.

MISSION RULES:
1. Kick everyone’s ass.
2. Do whatever it takes to win.
3. Do your best to distract the competition.
4. Especially when that competition is a gorgeous blue-eyed perfectionist who makes your blood run hot.


* * *

GRANT HUGHES
CALL SIGN: PANTHER


Disciplined, smart, and confident, Panther can’t afford not to play by the rules. As the son of a top Navy commander, all eyes are on him, and being anything less than number one is unacceptable.

MISSION RULES:
1. Keep it safe in the air.
2. Prove you’re more than Commander Hughes’s son.
3. No distractions. Stay focused.
4. Don’t fall for your competition—especially not the rebellious heartbreaker with lips made for sinning.

In the heat of the hot California sun, tempers flare and desires ignite as Solo and Panther try to resist their attraction while fighting to be number one.
With passion this intense, the question remains:
Who’s gonna come out on top?

My review: 

I don't know if the probleme is with me or with the book. I mean this was the first time I didn't enjoyed one of Brooke&Ella 's story. And don't know why. 

I loved Panther and Solo in the first book and I really couldn't wait the next one. And here I am, read the book, but it was only lukewarm. Coulnd't get into the story, there were some boring chapters, couldn't find the chemistry between Panther and Solo, the sex scenes weren't as good either - and I just don't know why. 

I think this part wasn't important for the storyline, no exciting scenes, no scorching hot sex scenes, few romance... and that cliffhanger again. 

This time when I say I can't wait for the next one I mean it this way : I hope the next book will be so much better and my love for Panther and Solo will return. In the meantime I try to forget this book and I swear the probleme is with me.

Aaaaand while I said it wasn't as good, I mean that it wasn't as good as the other books by them. It's still good in other standards - I gave it 4 stars - but I wanted a bit more from this.

No comments:

Post a Comment