Pages - Menu

Sunday, March 01, 2020

~ Murder Husbands ~

Author: EM Denning
Title: Murder Husbands
Release date: 2020 February 23
Pages: 385
Add it on Goodreads
Buy it on Amazon
Rating: ★★★☆☆

Blurb: 

DARK MM Romance
Pounds of flesh repay debts in Pierce's world.

In a sea of nameless bodies, Henry Prince is sold to Pierce to settle a score and turns out to be the best thing that’s ever happened to him.

Pierce’s empire is crumbling around him and before Henry, he hadn’t cared to salvage it. Henry is full of secrets, and Pierce is desperate to learn them all, even if it means risking both their lives to protect him from the enemies closing in around them.

Together, Henry and Pierce are unstoppable. Their devotion is immeasurable until two men from Pierce’s past threaten their trust in each other when it’s needed most. Drew and Griffin are a painful reminder of how much Pierce will risk protecting the man he loves. Henry's attraction to Griffin might be the key to uniting his past and his future, but Pierce’s animosity and desire for Drew threaten the delicate balance the men have forged.

Good men can be bad and bad men can do good, but life isn't always black and white. Sometimes all you can do is fight to save yourself and those you love. Is there strength in numbers or will Pierce fail when it counts the most?


My review:

I had so much hope for this one, and I loved every minute of it...until not.

My motto is: the darker the better. So I haven't blink an eye before I started to read it. And it was really good. I mean reeeealllly good! The characters were cute - in their own dark and twisted way, the storyline was interesting and exciting. The romance cute and the erotica HOT. 
But.
I wanted more blood. More sex scenes in blood. More murder. More dark. 
It was good, don't get me wrong, but I think it was a light dark. Only the top of the iceberg. 

I really loved Henry and Pierce, they were soooo good together. All the need, just perfection. LOVED it so much! And I thought this book will be a 6star read. Then the story turned into something else. 

I think this book would be better in 2 separated story. The first half of the book was about Henry and Pierce, and I can't say it enough how much I loved this first half. Then the next was about Drew and Griffin. And it wasn't enought that we got two other main characters with their own story, the time change in the story was there too! I hate to jump in different story lines with different times, then wait for the two to meet.

Griffin and Drew story was very different and so light, like to vanilla for this book. I wanted blood and slavery and needy and slutty subs lol. And wanted just more Henry and Pierce.
The relationship between Drew/Pierce, Drew/Griffin, Pierce/Griffin, Griffin/Henry, Drew/Henry were too much. Everyone hated everyone while they really loved each other, just couldn't get past their emotions and heartbroke. I get that everyone needed their happy ending and to get into "love" with each other, but it was just too much for this book. As I said, in 2 books it would be perfect, but not in one. 

And the bad guys of the story... it just got boring to the end. And the ending was hurried too. Kill the bad ones and let live the good guys - there wasn't a surprise. 

So after all i'm really sad about this book. I just want to forget the second half of this book and I 'll be happy. Henry and Pierce just perfect together. Perfectly dark and cute♥

No comments:

Post a Comment