Pages - Menu

Thursday, December 10, 2020

~ Bound in Fire ~

 

Author: Debbie McQueen
Title: Bound in Fire
Series: Dragon King 2 (not a standalone)
Pages: 172
Release date: 2021 January 24
Add it on Goodreads
Buy it on Amazon
Rating: ★★★★☆ (4,5)


Blurb: 

War is coming.

One way or another, the outcome will forever change the Sixth Realm.

Egan once thought his life would be marked with loneliness and invisibility in order to protect the fact that he’s actually a dragon, until meeting Prince Raiden. Now, he’s thrust into a world he never imagined he would be a part of. He's willing to find his place in Raiden’s world to be with the man he loves.

As prince, Raiden feels the weight of the impending battle and the lives of his people in peril. Everything hangs in the balance. He finds hope, strength, and refuge in the love he has in Egan and wants to cherish every moment while they can.

When the day arrives, Raiden and Egan march to war. Two soldiers bound together, bound both with duty and love. 


My review: 

Egan and Raiden are so cute together, I love their relationship and how adorable they are. Egan's dragon is really interesting and she got more spotlight in this book. 

I loved reading this book, but I think it was a little bit boring. The first book was perfect, and I felt this book is just a filling until we got to see the main event in the story. I wanted a bit more romance and intimacy between Egan and Raiden. Don't get me wrong, those scenes between them was really lovely, but it wasn't as many as I wanted.

The war scene was light, and I didn't expected that outcome! All the things with Egan's dragon, just wow! Can't wait to see more, but I'm afraid that not everyone will be so accepting as the royal family. 

Raiden's father and brother both are adorable and I loved him with them. Just as I loved Egan with his family, and I was happy that Egan and his step father got closer too. The family connections and emotions are really well written in this series, and all the fantasy elements are awesome too. 

I loved the mating scene, it was sweet, and all that connections between Raiden and Egan are so, so good, and when Egan is in dragon form, aww. Love them!

It was a good book, but after the first, I thought it would be better. I can't wait the third book, especially after that cliffhanger!!! Wow! It was heartbreaking!


No comments:

Post a Comment