Pages - Menu

Tuesday, March 24, 2020

~ Flying Free ~

Author: Leighton Greene
Title: Flying Free
Series: Rough Love 8 (can not be read as standalone!)
Pages: 225
Release date: 2019 November
Add it on Goodreads
Buy it on Amazon
Rating: ★★★★☆


Blurb: 

Benjamin Ballard and Xander Romano have never had a conventional relationship.
It works for them, even if the people around them don't always understand it.
But when vicious blind items start appearing online, it seems like Xander's past has come around to bite them both.
Will Xander and Ben be able to handle the pressure?

Flying Free is the final instalment in the Rough Love series. Find out more about Xander's past, and discover what the future holds for Xander and Ben...

Rough Love can be rough. Please proceed with caution if you have any triggers.

Rough Love reading order:

Learn the Rules (serial)
1. Bound by Him
2. Taken by Him
3. Dared by Him
4. Marked by Him
5. Loved by Him

6. Obey the Rules (novel)

7. Break the Rules (novel)

8. Flying Free (novel)


My review:

At first I was over the moon when I found chapters in Xander's POV and I thought we finally got to see intho his mind and the whole book would be in his POV, but sadly just a few chapter here and there - but i'm not complaining, I LOVED being in Xander's mind.

This book wasn't what I hoped for. It wasn't as dark and intense as the previous ones, and it was mostly about remembering the past and build a trust and love between them that is the strongest ever.

I missed "dark Xander" as much as Ben missed him. This light version who overthought everything he and Ben did was a bit confusing. While I got that he needed this change, I really, really missed the old Xander and his playful mazohicht side.

I still enjoyed reading this book, but it was like just walking while I wanted to run. 

I had tiny hopes that the end of the book I can hope for more Xander, but sadly, this was the last of their saga. It was an amazing journey for them and for me too. These couple of days I spent with Xander and Ben were everything. I found a new obsession, a new love (Xander), a new author - and I couldn't be happier. 

The ending was cute, romantic and hot. Typical Xander. Loved this series so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment