Pages - Menu

Saturday, March 14, 2020

~ Like Father, Like Son ~

Authors: Quin & Perin
Title: Like Father, Like Son
Pages:
Release date:
Add it on Goodreads
Buy it on
Rating: ★★★★☆


Blurb:

Surprise, it's a boy!

I never wanted to know him.
Never even suspected his existence.
But once I knew, I had to see him.
Had to see if it was true.

He has your eyes, your hair, your dimples.

Timothee is everything I used to be, full of life, full of joy.
He's also a sassy little sh*t.
He has me wrapped around his fingers, so damn easily.

My son? He's trouble.
What we share is all...


My review: 

I love taboo books - one of my weaknesses. And I love Quin&Perin's writing style and their books. So I thought this would be the perfect match, right?

Not so much. It wasn't what I hoped for. It wasn't bad, but really not what I wanted at the moment. I think my brain is the wrong here - I wanted romance. I wanted some sweet and hot taboo romance. And it wasn't that.
It was filthy and hot erotica. And while the setting was taboo, I couldn't get into that mindset. I could separate them.
And one tiny little probleme - this kind of dark theme is not my jam - I mean drug and guns.

So while it was good, I couldn't get into the story the way I wanted. It was light on the taboo scene for me. If I can separate, that it's not the perfect taboo.

Still don't know what to think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment