Pages - Menu

Thursday, December 10, 2020

~ He Sees You When You're Sleeping ~

Author: Sara Dobie Bauer
Title: He Sees You When You're Sleeping
Pages: 73
Release date: 2020 December 10
Add it on Goodreads
Buy it on Amazon
Rating: ★★★★★ (4,5)


Blurb: 

We met when you were just a child, but you’re a man now and need my protection.

With Christmas Eve approaching, I’ll watch over you.
Whether you know it or not.

Because no one is allowed to hurt you.
No one but me.

At 20K words, He Sees You When You’re Sleeping is a twisted take on Santa, featuring M/M romance, horror, and the holiday season.

My review: 

I started reading this book with big expectations, because the blurb says all the yummy things about it; santa horror romance! And written by Sara Dobie Bauer? Count me in! 

So when I got the feeling that I *know* this story, I was confused. I felt that I already read this story and know how will it end. So I started thinking... and searching in my reading - and found it! This story was released earlier in the Tainted Tales Anthology (my review is here ). And when I read that Anthology in March, this story was the one I loved the most! So now, I feel robbed. I wanted to read something new, but I already read this...

I loved the story. It was dark and twisted. Heartbreaking and warm. A Christmas miracle with magic. 
A love story which is cute at the beginning and unhealthy later, but at the end, it's the best you can dream about. 

If I had known that it's not a new story, I'd be happier. But really, when I first read it, it was everything. Now... now it was nothing new. But still an awesome dark story.


No comments:

Post a Comment