Pages - Menu

Tuesday, May 12, 2020

~ Healing Hand ~

Author: Nora Phoenix
Title: Healing Hand
Series: Perfect Hands 5 (can be read as standalone)
Pages: 282
Release date: 2020 May 12
Add it on Goodreads
Buy it on Amazon
Rating: ★★★★☆


Blurb: 

Can a broken boy and an unconventional Daddy help each other heal?

Saxton has never been able to make a Daddy stay. He wants one desperately, but they’ve all walked away. He knows exactly why: because he’s damaged. Broken. Unable to give Daddies what they want from him.

When he meets Daddy Gale, who offers to take care of him after an accident, Saxton expects the same thing to happen. But Gale is different in many ways, and he has his own wounds. He has endless patience with Saxton, and he respects Saxton's boundaries.

But when Saxton can’t open up about the trauma that forever changed him, will Gale decide Saxton isn’t worth the trouble after all? Or will Saxton finally have a Daddy who accepts him the way he is?

Healing Hand is a sweet, low heat Daddy care MM romance with loads of hurt/comfort, age play, tender moments, and emotions that will give you all the feels.


My review: 

I have mixed feelings about this book. There were things I loved, scenes I liked, and chapters I not so much. But one thing is for sure, it was longer then necessary, and we got kept in the dark more then it was important.

The sexual orientation of the main characters were a surprise for me, but the secrets about them wasn't as important as it seems. I hate stories where there are things that scream from the pages, but aren't written down or spoken between the characters. In this case, their sexuality and one dark memories from the past on Saxton's side.

Saxton was cute, and Daddy Gale just perfect in every aspect. And they were lovely together. I loved their relationship, it was really insta, but I loved the caring scenes. The age-play were good too, but it wasn't full on ABDL as much as I like it, but it was good for them. 

So I think the characters weren't deep enough, I mean Saxton always was afraid of losing Gale too as his previous daddies, and Gale was always like 'do anything, I won't leave'. So after a while it got boring, and I just wanted to see more about their identity and not just the surface. 

The main plot of the story was their sexual orientation, and it was really well written. I loved everything about those scenes, Gale and Saxy were really cute.

The ending was a bit too much for me, and as I said I hated that we got to know the secret at the end of the book. 

While it was good, it certainly isn't my favorite daddy/age-play book nor the fav from the author. 


No comments:

Post a Comment