Pages - Menu

Saturday, May 30, 2020

~ Surviving the Merge ~


Author: C.P. Harris
Title: Surviving the Merge
Pages: 323
Release date: 2020 May 26
Add it on Goodreads
Buy it on Amazon
Rating: ★★★★★


Blurb: 

My name is Justin, and when I was seventeen, I fell in love with a boy named Damon.

Damon was sick, only I didn’t know it at the time. And like any disease left untreated, it festered and burrowed into the unaffected areas of us, until we were both so far from healthy, we were killing one another. Then a tragedy sparked our implosion.

With nothing of us remaining to salvage, I was left to pick up the pieces, while Damon found his escape in the abyss. Leaving me alone with Blake.

Damon and Blake are two halves of a whole. But Damon is the coldest part of darkness, and Blake the warmest part of light. Which form of ecstasy would you choose?

I love Blake with a ferocious intensity akin to the peeling back of skin. But Blake isn’t Damon. And Damon was gone—until now.

What once threatened to tear us apart has become our catharsis.

Outnumbered in the relationship with the man who was my life, I’ve begun to learn more about love than I ever thought possible.

**An M/M romance and book one in the Chadwick trilogy.
Can be read as a standalone, but reading in order is recommended as the characters make appearances in all three books. Surviving the Merge contains explicit sex and graphic language.



My review: 

I can't find the perfect word to describe how much I loved this book. It was more then perfect. 

Perfect writing style, awesome characters, full with emotions. And I'm a sucker for mental illness, and DID is one of my weakness to read about - and this was so well written! The author did an amazing job writing about this, the whole story was more then amazing. 

I started to read it without reading the blurb and known nothing about this. So it was a surprise to find out everything and it blew my mind away page after page.

It was really good to watch both personality and how Justin handled them both. I loved Blake and Damon too, but there were times it was really hard to read and I was at the edge of crying for them. I hurt for them so much and eventually I was happy for them. But there was a point when I wanted to cry and never stop, because it was like someone had died... just as Justin thought. It was really sad but so well written. I still want to cry if I think about that scene. 
I miss Blake.

"Blake was the stream of light that guided me out of Damon's dark cave. Without him, I'd be consumed by the darkness."

I couldn't put the book down, I read it in one go and I just want more. I need more stories like this. And more from the author! 

Justin, Blake and Damon will stay with me forever - I treasure this book. 

HIGHLY RECOMMEND! 

No comments:

Post a Comment