Pages - Menu

Saturday, May 23, 2020

~ Favourite Hello. Hardest Goodbye. ~




Author: E. S. Carter
Title: Favourite Hello. Hardest Goodbye.
Pages: 265
Release date: 2020 April 17
Add it on Goodreads
Buy it on Amazon
Rating: ★★★★☆


Blurb: 

Favourite Hello. Hardest Goodbye
Ellis.
I feel him.
Before I even lay eyes on him, I sense him.
The air in the room seems charged, my awareness of him heightened, but he is a stranger to me.
Unfamiliar, yet familiar.
Unknown, yet known.
And something inside me says, “Hello, I’ve been waiting for you.”
Macsen.
I see him.
I've seen him a hundred times before and I know this will not be the last, but each time I do, I feel it.
That invisible tether.
I remember everything.
I remember him.
His eyes lock with mine and then move away too quickly.
I am nothing more than a stranger, another face in the crowd.
While he is my favourite hello, and my hardest goodbye.


My review: 

I read only good things about this book, everyone said it's amazing, and when my favorite author said too, I just needed to read it too. 

Don't get me wrong, it wasn't bad, but wasn't as amazing as everyone seems to think. But it's only my opinion. 

The story and the characters were lovely and real. I loved that Ellis worked as a chef. And I loved how Macs in love was. My only probleme was that this whole soul-mate/love you in all my lifes thing was really late in the story and I just didn't know what to think until that point when there were the explanations. 

It was really unique, but I missed more about Macs and Ellis. They weren't really in the present as persons, everything was just about this love. It was good, don't get me wrong, but I like to know more about the characters and their emotions. It was mostly just love love and love. 

The ending was beautiful but it wasn't chatartic for me. It was a unique and cute love story and loved reading it, but I waited for that moment when I can break down and cry - but it wasn't there for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment