Pages - Menu

Thursday, May 07, 2020

~ Lust & Longing ~

Author: EM Denning
Title: Lust & Longing
Release date:
Pages: 206
Add it on Goodreads
Buy it on Amazon
Rating: ★★★☆☆


Blurb: 

Love is a messy and complicated emotion. First love especially.
Unfortunately for Noah Davis, it doesn’t get easier as he gets older.

Noah lost Ian years ago, when life took them in different directions. Not knowing how to let go, he relied on the friends he made while living in the city. His friends helped pull him out of his despair, but it was at a club where he found himself.

He threw himself into his new identity. Being a Dom gave him the control he desperately needed and helped him put the pieces of himself back together.

But time changes things. Noah left the club scene behind years ago. He’s back home in Silver Springs and suddenly Ian Osborn, the one who got away, is there, too.

Love isn’t easier the second time around. Noah and Ian must reconcile who they used to be with the men they are now, and it won’t be easy, but nothing worth having ever is.


My review: 

I'm a bit confused and sad because it's not the first book from the author I didn't loved as much as I wanted to.

I loved the book. Until one point when I only wanted one thing - DNF it. At 64%. But I was curious so I read it until the end. But sadly, it haven't got any better.

The biggest probleme with the book is this - it was emotionless. 

Loved the second chance theme, and the bdsm was good surprise too, until it wasn't. Noah is a DOM. I'm not against that doms kneeling, but there is a point where it isn't fit neither the character nor the story. And in this case it wasn't good. 
And don't get me start at that switch scene - it was all the wrong. First time sub, first time dom, first tim fisting... come on, just no! I love fisting scenes, but that wasn't fit in this book with those characters.
And Ian... holymoly... he was such a crybaby. I don't know what Noah saw in him. 

So yeah, my biggest probleme was the lack of emotions, the twisted bdsm scenes, and the empty characters. 

But don't forget, I loved the book until 64%. 

No comments:

Post a Comment