Pages - Menu

Saturday, January 18, 2020

~ Inside ~


Author: Nicky James
Title: Inside
Series: Death Row 1
Pages: 285
Release date: 2020 January 16
Add it on Goodreads
Buy it on Amazon
Rating: ★★★★★


Blurb: 

All it took was a single moment for Anson Miller’s life to fall apart. His only hope of finding solid ground again is to uproot everything he knows and start over. New house, new job, new life. But will working on death row as a corrections officer in the country’s hardest and most acclaimed supermax prison be the right move? Or is he exchanging one hardship for something way worse?

Twenty years ago, Bishop Ndiaye was a victim of wrong place, wrong time. The consequences landed him on death row. As hard as he fought to expose the truth behind his alleged crime, no one would hear him. No one would listen. He’s succumbed to his fate, hardened himself to prison life, and no longer hopes for a better tomorrow. For Bishop, there is no tomorrow. Death waits around the corner, and someday soon, he will be no more.Anson’s appearance in Bishop’s life changes everything. Anson lends Bishop more than an ear; he offers him friendship, compassion, and understanding. No one has ever gifted Bishop with more.The more they talk, the more they share.The more they share, the more their bond grows.But when their hearts open up to one another, the barrier in their way is far more than a steel door of a cell. It is life and death.



My review: 

I am speachless! But that's not a new feeling if it comes to Nicky James. I had lucky though, because I saw a bit spoiler before started the book, so I wasn't afraid of the ending of the book- because hey, it's not a standalone ;) 

I've read prison themed books before, and I hated those books. So I really had high hopes for this one, and it didn't dissapointed at all. I knew that Nicky can do it. She makes me love everything she writes, she has some magic I swear! 

Anson and Bishop's story was so unique and awesome. It was really good to see them day to day, how they changed, how their feelings eveloped and how deep they fell into each other. This was such a good  romance like nothing ever before. A romance between a man who is in death row and a man who works in said death row. I couldn't imagine this romance, and I couldn't wait to find out their story and to know their background. 

I loved Anson. And loved how he handled everything and everyone. How friendly, easy and cute he was with everyone but especially with Bishop. And oh my, Bishop! I was afraid to love him, but as I read more and more pages, I felt more and more for him. And as we got to know his story! Oh god! Poor Bishop, awww I just wanted to cuddle that big man.

This love story was everything I needed at this moment. The book was perfect in every way possible. And I just need more of them. More Bishop and Anson. I literally dying to know how they story will continue! They deserve so much, and the best of everything.

I never thought in a million years that it comes a time when I say to a prison themed book that I totally LOVED it, and I HIGHLY recommend it! Best secret romance ever. I'll totally re-read it, and I need it in paperback too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment