Pages - Menu

Saturday, January 18, 2020

~ The Merman ~

Author: X. Aratare
Title: The Merman Boxset 1-5
Pages:
Release date: 2019 August
Add it on Goodreads
Buy it on Amazon
Rating: ★★★★☆ (4,5)


Blurb: 

The Merman is a 5-book gay paranormal romance series from Raythe Reign. This series contains psychic powers, a mostly-naked merman lover, an evil scientist, and true love beneath the waves.

Gabriel Braven’s destined love is a merman, Prince Casillus Nerion. Problem is Gabriel doesn’t believe mermen are real. And worse, Gabriel’s parents died of drowning so he has no love for the sea.

But the sea is Gabriel’s destiny in more ways than love. Caught by high tide in a cave, Gabriel drowns, but does not die. Casillus brings him to the surface, but tells Gabriel that he must return to the waves or perish.

For Gabriel is becoming a merman.


My review: 

I have mixed feelings. I loved reading this series, but at the end it has lost the magic for me. I loved the first 3 book, I really loved them. Gabriel and Casillus were adorable and the whole mermen thing was cute, but then the romance and cuteness turned into some WWIII, war between the mermen and humen, and everything was just too much and not enough mermen times and lovely scenes between the lovebirds aka Gabriel and Casillus. 

I loved them, and I just wanted to read about them when they're together and/or happy, read about the mermen things. I loved when Casillus showed to Gabriel the mermen city and said everything to him about being a mermen, those scenes were really good. And I loved the sexy scenes too! Those were really good!

The first 3 book was really short, the 4th a bit longer but the 5th was the longest and I don't know why. It was boring, and just too much. If the 5th were shorter I think I loved it more.

I love mermen, and loved this series too. I really recommend this series. But best if you read the boxed set because the books are really short and ends in cliffhanger.

And the biggest probleme, the one thing I missed - seeing a real mermen. I mean really, they are just naked men who can live and breath underwater? No mermen tail at all?! :( 

No comments:

Post a Comment