Pages - Menu

Saturday, January 04, 2020

~ Vespertine ~ ♫

Authors: Leta Blake & Indra Vaughn
Title: Vespertine
Narrator: Michael Ferrauiolo
Length: 14hrs 18mins
Release date: 2019 December 16
Buy it on Audible
Rating: ★★★★★


Blurb:

Can a priest and a rock star obey love's call?

Seventeen years ago, Jasper Hendricks and Nicholas Blumfeld's childhood friendship turned into a secret, blissful love affair. They spent several idyllic months together until Jasper's calling to the Catholic priesthood became impossible to ignore. Left floundering, Nicky followed his own trajectory into rock stardom, but he never stopped looking back.

Today, Jasper pushes boundaries as an out, gay priest, working hard to help vulnerable LGBTQ youth. He's determined to bring change to the church and the world. Respected, admired, and settled in his skin, Jasper has long ignored his loneliness.

As Nico Blue, guitarist and songwriter for the band Vespertine, Nicky owns the hearts of millions. He and his bandmates have toured the world, lighting their fans on fire with their music. Numbed by drugs and fueled by simmering anger, Nicky feels completely alone. When Vespertine is forced to get sober, Nicky returns home to where it all started.

Jasper and Nicky's careers have ruled their lives since they parted as teens. When they come face to face again, they must choose between the past's lingering ghosts or the promise of a new future.

My review: 

What happens when two my favorite thing came together? Awesomeness, that's what!

Michael's voice is GOLD. Eargasm every time I listen to one of his audiobook. And Vespertine is my all time favorite, so I was really happy when this audio came out.

Jasper and Nicky's voices were so good, I loved listening to them. 

And now, my review back from 2years ago (translated from my original hungarian review)

There are books tthat broke your heart, books that makes you the happiest, books what makes you smile, what makes you cry, and there's Vespertine, which gives you all the above.

This book was everything I've never hoped for, and everything I've ever needed. A love story and a friendship, both lasting forever. So much emotions on the pages and I could feel all of them, and they were so beautiful I could cry. 

A love story between a rockstar and a priest. A man who's first love meant the world to him, and a man who believed his mother that love isn't last forever. Two lives on different ways, but deep inside both wants the same. And then the old feelings comes on the surface again, and what they thought would be a friendship, turns into more.

I was there with them while reading their story.
I was afraid.
I was afraid of each and every page.
I was afraid, because I couldn't imagine a world where a priest and a rockstar could live in love and be happy forever.
I was afraid, because I couldn't imagine a world where a priest and a rockstar couldn't live in love and be happy forever.
I was afraid, because I didn't know when would find Nicky a way to the drugs again.
I was afraid, because I didn't know how would Jason decide.
And I was afraid, because I didn't wanted to feel all those feelings, they were too much, and at the end all comes out from me in a big sobbing.

This book was everything. Perfect in every way possible. And I'm so so happy that I read this book, becaus it gave me so much. It broke me, but i'm happy about it. 

Father Jizz was the best scene! LOL They were so funny, and I loved when Jazz was priest, and loved when he was just a man like any other.

Beautiufl isn't a big enough world that describes this book.

Highly recommend both in ebook and in audio format!

No comments:

Post a Comment