Pages - Menu

Saturday, January 11, 2020

~ Transformation ~ ♫

Author: X. Aratare
Title: Transformation
Series: The Merman 1
Narrator: Chris Patton
Length: 2hrs 53mins
Release date: 2014
Add it on Goodreads
Buy it on Audible
Rating: ★★★★★

Blurb: 

Gabriel Braven is destined for a great love, but he does not believe it.

His parents had a storybook romance … until a freak ocean storm robbed them of their lives and left him alone to be raised by his grandmother. With their deaths, Gabriel’s adoration for the sea turned to fear, and his belief in happy-ever-afters turned to dust. Gabriel vowed to never set foot in the ocean again and to never believe in love.

Gabriel kept that promise until after his junior year of college, when he and his best friend Corey return to the ocean-side town where he lost his parents in order to help his grandmother. Gabriel’s bitter fear of the water has only grown, along with his belief that it is his destiny to be forever alone.

Corey is determined to prove Gabriel wrong. It is his mission that summer for Gabriel to find love on the beach … and maybe do some swimming, too. Gabriel will settle for simply not reliving his parents’ deaths every time he hears the rush and shush of the waves.

Both may get their wish as Gabriel discovers the hidden past of the Bravens and the sea sends someone amazing to his aid.

My review:

Holy fuuuu-! 

I LOVED this book! This was on my TBR for ages, and now I just wanted something short so I bought the audiobook and started it. I never in a million years thought that it would be this awesome!
I listened to it 2 times and read it once! In one afternoon! I'm addicted! Both for the narrator's voice and for the story!

It has only one probleme, the shortness of it. But happily, I have the whole box set of this series, so now I only have to find time to it. I'm a little sad that the rest isn't on audible.

The story was awesome, I liked Gabriel and Casillus and the end awww. Can't wait to find out what happens next! This story just so good, like it was written for me. 

Highly recommend it!

And now I need to find more from this narrator, because damn, that voice!

No comments:

Post a Comment