Pages - Menu

Thursday, September 05, 2019

~ Owl's Slumber ~ ♫


Author: Nicky James
Title: Owl's Slumber
Series: Trials of Fear 1
Narrator: Adam Gold
Length: 10hrs 27mins
Release date: 2019 August 27
Buy it on Audible
Rating: ★★★★★


Blurb: 

Imagine what life would be like if panic ruled your world at the mere thought of going to bed at night. For as long as he can remember, Finnley Hollins has been crippled by his extreme phobia of sleep. Every night is a battle, and every morning isn’t without consequences. The root cause is something he’s ashamed to admit to anyone. It’s his war, and he will fight it alone.

When an unexpected turn of events lands the stunningly gorgeous Aven Woods at Finnley’s place of business, his life gets turned upside down.

All it would take is one night together for his secret to be exposed. Finnley wasn’t prepared to fall in love. More so, he wasn’t prepared for his phobia to completely consume his life. Not only is it affecting his job and his relationship, but now it’s affecting his health. What will it take for Finnley to finally admit he needs help?

My review: 

*big sigh* ... OMG! This book was so much better then I thought it would be. I - the lunatic - feared to listen to it, because last year when I read this book, I was exhousted from it. I became Finn while reading, and I thought I'll be sleeping through the book while listening to it. But damn, I was so wrong! It was SO good i couldn't sleep even if I wanted to. I just wanted to listen to it forever. Adam Gold is really a GOLD in narrating. The things he does with his voice and how he plays the characters... i have no words. No. Words! Perfection.

Finnley and Aven were so awesome together, I fell in love again and again with them. They came alive and everything was perfectly amazing in this audiobook. I loved every scene, but when Ireland was there for the first time I was smiling so hard I think everyone thought I'm crazy - side effect of listening to audiobooks in public. 

I highly recommend this book in every format. Plus I highly recommend Nicky James. And Adam Gold. Good God, I recommend Adam Gold! 

How good this book was?! Still no words - i'm speechless.

No comments:

Post a Comment