Pages - Menu

Sunday, September 29, 2019

~ Beyond the Surface ~

Author: Colette Davison
Title: Beyond the Surface
Pages: 237
Release date: 2019 September 30
Buy it on Amazon
Rating: ★★★★★


Blurb:

Raen has always longed to see the world beyond the surface, but nothing could compel him to break the most ancient law of the merfolk. Could it?

Raen should have found his mate during his first hunt, instead he almost died. Two years later, he’s struggling with internal fear, and his father’s disapproval.

Until he encounters a land-dweller.A man he feels a deep and instant connection to.

A man who will drown if Raen doesn’t save him.But in order to do so, Raen must break two of the merfolk’s rules:
Don’t interact with land-dwellers.
Don’t go beyond the surface.

If Raen saves the man, he stands to lose everything he’s ever known. But if he lets him drown, he’ll lose something infinitely more precious to his heart and soul.

My review: 

Mermen.
I say it again - MERMEN! 
Got it?! This book is about mermen! 
YESSSS! 

I love mermen books so much - althoug it was only the second one, but hey, I know I loved this genre when I first started Omega from the Ocean by Amy Bellows. And now, this book! Another love!

Steven and Raen's story was beautiful, I loved reading it, although I wanted more mermen scenes, but this way was good too. Raen was an interesting character I loved him and loved how strong he was. 
The fated- mate thing was really cute, I love it when the MCs comes from different worlds and were raised different but they are fated, these are always awesome. 

I love how Colette Davison writes, I can easily get lost in the story and I like every scene she writes. The romance and the erotica are good too, and the communication between Raen and Steven was unique. I thought Raen will learn to speak, but the sign language is good too. And I hoped for some fated-mate secret communication...but there wasn't. 

The story was well written, the characters were lovely, the world building was good, and I really liked reading it. 

Highly recommend it if you like mermen books or you're new to this, either way, this is a good choice to read! 

1 comment: