Pages - Menu

Monday, January 24, 2022

~ Something Fabolous by Alexis Hall ~

 

Author: Alexis Hall
Title: Something Fabolous
Relase date: 2022 January 25
Pages: 363
Add it on Goodreads
Buy it on Amazon
Rating: ★★★★★


Blurb: 


From the acclaimed author of Boyfriend Material comes a delightfully witty romance featuring a reserved duke who’s betrothed to one twin and hopelessly enamoured of the other.

Valentine Layton, the Duke of Malvern, has twin problems: literally.

It was always his father’s hope that Valentine would marry Miss Arabella Tarleton. But, unfortunately, too many novels at an impressionable age have caused her to grow up…romantic. So romantic that a marriage of convenience will not do and after Valentine’s proposal she flees into the night determined never to set eyes on him again.

Arabella’s twin brother, Mr. Bonaventure “Bonny” Tarleton, has also grown up…romantic. And fully expects Valentine to ride out after Arabella and prove to her that he’s not the cold-hearted cad he seems to be.

Despite copious misgivings, Valentine finds himself on a pell-mell chase to Dover with Bonny by his side. Bonny is unreasonable, overdramatic, annoying, and…beautiful? And being with him makes Valentine question everything he thought he knew. About himself. About love. Even about which Tarleton he should be pursuing.


My review:

*These pictures are from the author's social media and I just had to share them, becaue I love them and perfectly describes the story!*


           
Saying this book was something fabolous sounds cheezy, but it's true! This book is phenomenal.

Me, who doesn't like historical romance, meets this book which is indeed, historical romance. Perfect match?! Yes. 


“You complete . . . arse. Wait, I like arses. You . . . you complete something I don’t like. Mustard. You complete jar of mustard.”


Loved everything about it, but the best thing is the Alexis Hall magic over this story. The snark and innocent hotness between the characters. Funny scenes with bees, fear of spiders, wearing a gardener's coat while you're a duke - come on! A duke! How dare, LOL.

“This is England. If people died of rain, there’d be nobody left.”



Bonny was the pure sunshine of the story and I loved how positive and hilarious he was. Loved his obsession about being a twin and having a twin sister. Loved how adventorous he was and straightforward with everything. Let's be clear, Valentine hadn's stood a chance against him, it was a lost battle from the very beginning, haha.

“So beautiful that my throat clenches and my stomach flips when I as much as glance at you, and I wonder how the world turns when such wanting exists within it.”



Valentine. Oh sweet, sweet flower. I know that Bonny is the sunshiny unicorn of the story, but I fell hard for Valentine. Probably because I connected with him at the start. If that's not a hell yes answer to my demisexuality question, I don't know what is. So thank you Alexis for creating Valentine and writing him the way he is, becuase he is perfect. Perfectly imperfect and crazy and I love him.

This book is extraordinary. One of my favorite read (last year). I probably will buy it in paperback too, because I need it on my shelf.

Loved the book and HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT. I didn't know a book could be this perfect. 
Alexis Hall did it again. 
MASTERPICE.

“All of me is yours. Books included.”

No comments:

Post a Comment