Pages - Menu

Sunday, January 23, 2022

~ Bruising Love by Adara Wolf ~

 

Author: Adara Wolf
Title: Bruising Love
Pages: 270
Release date: 2021 October 15
Add it on Goodreads
Buy it on Amazon
Rating: ★★★★★


Blurb:


The only good thing in Jay's life is pain. He seeks it out, he craves it. Mixing pain and pleasure? All the better. Physical pain helps him ignore the mess that is the rest of his life: a shit job, an abusive father, and a mother who isn't all there. He can coast through life as long as he's got pain.

That's what makes Takuya perfect for him: violent and dangerous, Takuya only cares about furthering his yakuza group's goals. Too bad Jay doesn't do repeats. Too bad Jay has no interest in tying himself to anybody.

But stubbornly clinging to his independence doesn't make Jay's life any easier. As things spiral out of control, the only one who could possibly save him might possibly be more dangerous than what Jay is running from.

Note: This book contains dark themes with potentially triggering topics, including child abuse/CSA and self-harm. Read at your own discretion. Full content notes can be found on the author's website.

My review: 


Oh, my god!!!!! This book was perfectly deliciously dark and oh, well, I enjoyed the fuck out of it. It was so, so good. I love how Adara writes dark stories, it's always an emotional damage for me LOL. 

A pain addicted young guy who suffers daily because of his father. He craves pain, but not thad kind that his dad is giving him... Oh god, those scenes, I was both sad and mad. Child abouse is always a tricky topic, but I think Adara handled it really well. It wasn't on page abuse all the time (but there were one or two scenes). 

And on the other hand we have Takuya, a member of a yakuza, who likes giving pain and playing dirty and dark. These two were just the perfect match for each other. Their story started as a one-night stand, than it got more and more. 

Loved reading this book and loved the deeper part of the story too. Both the emotional and physical stuffs were really great and the ending just wow. My jaw is still on the floor. Brilliant.

I wouldn't call it a dark romance though, it was dark, yes, but not a romance for me. Dark erotica, yes. I couldn't find the romance ascpect of it. Don't get me wrong, loved the story and Takuya and Jay were really great, but I think they weren't in love. 

Anyway, HIGHLY RECOMMEND and one of my favorite read this year that's for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment