Pages - Menu

Saturday, October 17, 2020

~ By the Light of Dawn ~

 

Author: Adrienne Wilder
Title: By the Light of Dawn
Series: In the Absence of Light 2 (not a standalone)
Pages: 207
Release date: 2020 October 15
Add it on Goodreads
Buy it on Amazon
Rating: ★★★★☆ (4,5)


Blurb: 

This is a follow up to the novel In the Absence of Light.

A handmade sailboat helped bring Morgan back to Grant but he never imagined they would put it in the water.

Then Morgan sees something in the light that sets Grant on a mission to get them to the middle of the ocean. An unknown destination they have to be at when the sun rises.

It’s important enough that Morgan is willing to leave Durstrand. Important enough that he’ll face the challenges of his autism.

So important, it could even be a matter of life and death.

By the Light of Dawn happens at the same time The Darkest Hour (Jeff’s story) takes place and contains mild spoilers as well as teasers. The plot points revealed in By the Light of Dawn are the same ones that were revealed at the end of In the Absence of Light.

My review: 

Although I read the first book (In the Absence of Light) last year, it feels like I've waited for this a thousand year. And it still isn't Jeff's story JFYI.

I started to read the book and it was like I never left this world, I was back again with Morgan and Grant and they haven't changed a bit. Grant is still head over heels in love with Morgan and will do anything and everything for his happiness, even if it brings the FBI to their door. And Morgan is still that funny, smart and sarcastic as hell character I love to pieces. 

In the first book we got their perfect HEA and now we got to see in a bit of their life - putting their sailboat on water and leave their home a bit behind. Morgan came a long way to this point, and I loved see him this spontaneous and adventorous. Grant was a bit skeptic but it's understandable. 

While the book is told from only Grant's POV, Morgan is the main center of this story. I love how he communicate, and those things he done with Dog was hilarious. And the questions Grant asked, just LOL! I laughed many times. 

The story was mostly happy, a bit thrill at the end but after all everything was perfect. Felix and Jeff's appearance was unexpected but I liked it, and gawd I really can not wait for their story! 

I loved reading this book but I think it wasn't as good as the first. That book is unrepeatable. I'd be more happier if this book was Jeff's story. 

I recommend reading this book, but first you need to read ITAOL. Autism representation at it's best. 



No comments:

Post a Comment