Pages - Menu

Saturday, October 17, 2020

~ Surviving the Break ~

 

Author: C.P. Harris
Title: Surviving the Break
Series: Chadwick 2 (can read as standalone)
Pages: 294
Release date: 2020 October 6 
Add it on Goodreads
Buy it on Amazon
Rating: ★★★★★


Blurb: 

Max doesn’t do repeats, and he definitely doesn’t do commitments. Months after a hot encounter with a smooth-talking stranger in a bar room bathroom, Max comes face to face with the same sexy doctor during the unveiling of the community center’s dance studio. And the man is just as pushy and perceptive as Max remembers. Because of their mutual friendships, Max now has to work overtime to keep Dr. Ashton Jackson at arm’s length. Will he succeed in resisting the undeniable attraction he feels toward the man, or will he risk putting his heart on the line for love… again?

Ash isn’t afraid of love. He’s just never met The One. But there was something about the brown-eyed stranger he hooked up with that he can’t get out of his head. When their paths cross again unexpectedly, Ashton hopes to convince the wounded man with the heart of gold to give love a second chance. But what happens when the truth behind Max's heartache threatens to leave Ash questioning everything he's ever believed about himself? Will he too be left broken? Or will he and Max survive the break?

**An M/M romance and book two in the Chadwick trilogy. Can be read as a standalone and contains explicit sex and graphic language.


My review: 

After the first book (Surviving the Merge) was such a perfection, I had high expectations, therefore I was afraid to start reading this book. I put it aside and waited a bit, but it was on my mind everyday.
I started reading it, and all my doubt left the room. It was just as amazing, in fact it was more than the first book - and I thought that book is unrepeatable. The author did such a good job with this book.

"Because if walking away would require a fight, I wasn't strong enough to win."

Max and Ash were both really great characters and their chemistry was super hot. This book is beautiful in and out. It's the perfect combination of romance and erotica. It has all the things I love, and it was so well written. It's hot and kinky, sweet and heartbreaking.

"We'd skipped the baby steps and took off sprinting. There was no going back where sex was concerned. The idea of not having his cum dripping from every part of me and mine not filling every crevice of him brought on a wave of rebellion."

The author writes sex scenes like a dream. I've never read a book like this. Other books have BJs on every other pages, but you won't see those in this book. It's more like full with rimming - and holy hell, I love rimming scenes the best! And the way those scenes were written...just OMG! Perfect! 

"You make love to me as if that place between my ass is your temple, but when you fuck me? Oh, Max...when you fuck me, it's as if you're purging your sins."

But it was more, way more then those erotic scenes. It was beuatiful, the hurt/comfort line of the story was heartbreaking. There was a point when I cried like a baby. Max's past and his ex...and all the things that went down with them, just so, so hearbreaking.
"But I've never been in love before. I've never had my heart broken by betrayal. If that day ever comes, I feel sorry for the world around me" 
"You can survive anything."
"I wouldn't want to survive you, Max."

The love between these two was so beautiful. And I loved that Damon and Justin were there too for them, and helped them. Damon and Ash's friendship is so good♥ 

"Falling in love with Ash felt like being skinned alive. Painful in its uneasiness. Its honesty. With Ash, I was wide open, belly up with an unprotected core, wich terrified me. Ash made me feel like the one. The only option. He set me on fire, and the me of right now wanted to be burned."
There were at least a million scene I want to mention and tell how good it was, but I'd end up mention the whole book. I loved it from page one to the last.
"I was thinking you deserve to have someone to tell you sweet nothings. I was thinking you deserve true love."
"So, give it to me," he whispered. "I'll spend the rest of my life trying," I promised."

And while it was a really hot read, I really need to mention the deepness of the story too. It's not erotica, it's pure romance - fighting with your past to have a future.

I need a real life Ash in my life. The thing he did for Max, and how patient he was. And the fact that he wasn't in love and in a relationship earlier, it's just so sweet. You can really see the love on the pages. The storytelling, the plot, the characters - everything was so well written and full with emoitons. 

I thought Surviving the Merge is my favorite, but no, this book was much, so much better than that! Don't get me wrong, I still love STM and it has a special place in my heart, but Max and Ash's story is something else. Max is my ultimate favorite book-boyfriend ever.

"I want everything with you, Max. You're my center of gravity."
HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS BOOK.



No comments:

Post a Comment