Pages - Menu

Thursday, October 22, 2020

~ Concealed Hearts ~

 

Author: Nicky James
Title: Concealed Hearts
Series: Hometown Jasper 4 (can standalone)
Pages: 239
Release date: 2020 October 22
Add it on Goodreads
Buy it on Amazon
Rating: ★★★★☆ (4,5)


Blurb: 


Two closeted men in one rumor-hungry small town have no chance of keeping their love a secret.

Chief of Police Windsor Elkhart is a master deceiver. Not a single person in Jasper has a clue he’s gay, which explains the endless suitors all vying for his attention. Happily married to his job, he’s convinced life is good enough. Twenty years of abstinence is the price he chose to pay, all because of a secret he’s too ashamed to reveal.
Until Tomi Lee returns to town after a two-decade-long absence.
Shame and self-loathing have kept Tomi away from his home town, but can a simple message from a lonely police officer bring him back for good?
The people of Jasper prey on gossip. Everyone is watching everyone. No one is exempt.
Falling in love is easy, but do two closeted men have any hope of building a sustainable relationship when they’re always trying to hide?

My review: 

Oh my sweet Windsor & Tomi! Finally, and I mean finally! After finishing Josiah & Shay's book, I only wanted one thing and one thing only - this book! And now I'm happy that I have it♥

Two deeply closeted man, one town where're no secret and everyone knows everything about everyone. The town which Tomi left and thought he'll never ever return. But how wrong he was. Because then came Windsor, the Chief of Police and wow - these two together are really, reaaaalllly hot!

Loved how both of them were closeted but still could find the courage to seek out this relationship and be in a secret. 
Windsor was really sweet with all of that 'I'm old' crap, and I loved the whole 'who are you secretly dating' thing that went on, it was hilarious that everyone thought he is straight and dating a lady. No one thought for one minute otherwise that Windsor is anything but straight. It. Was. Hilarious. 
And so well written! Nicky created these two so good, both Windsor and Tomi were amazing and unique and I loved reading their story.

Tomi was the hardest part of this book, I hurt for him but I couldn't wait to see him coming out. And I couldn't wait him to speak with Josiah and Shay too. It was so emotional!♥

Felix's side of the story was so heartbreaking, and I hoped it would turn out good - and it had!♥ That scene at the High School at midnight... oh god! The real Nicky James came out and played with our favorite characters... bad, bad Nicky! LOL - but so, so well written and full with emotions! I cried a little.

The ending was sweet and cute, but it ended so soon, I just turned the page and it said The End, and I was like whyyyy what how when! I need more! 

I have only one tiny probleme what is missing for me - Easton and Lach. I thought they would be at the end too. I wanted a little speach between them and Windsor&Tomi. 

But! I can't wait that short with Lucas and Matthew!

Ps. Jordie stole the show again and it was HILARIOUS! 




Narrator: Nick J. Russo
Length: 8hrs 32mins
Buy it on Audible
Release date: 2021 May 10
Rating: ★★★★★


Audio review: 


Oh, how much I enjoyed this audio! And look at that, when I read the ebook, I only gave it 4 stars, but now, now, they deserve all the stars. 

Tomi and Windsor on audio is everything. I really loved how the narrator brought them to life, I enjoyed being with them and listening to their story. 

Two closeted gay men, one epic love story and an ending of a great series. I loved this series and Tomi and Windsor are my second favorite pair after Josiah and Shay (okay, mostly Josiah is my favorite, but shhh!) 

I loved everything about this audio. Highly recommend it.



No comments:

Post a Comment