Pages - Menu

Sunday, October 04, 2020

~ Crimson Painted Snow ~

 

Author: Brea Alepoú
Title: Crimson Painted Snow
Series: Grim and Sinister Delights 8 (can be read as standalone)
Pages: 322
Release date: 2020 September 25
Add it on Goodreads
Buy it on Amazon
Rating: ★★★★☆ (3,5)


Blurb: 

A dark MM retelling of Snow White. If Snow White had a harem of demon wolves instead of dwarves.

Driven away from claiming his title as the rightful heir to the coven of witches, Prince Snoe has made a new home for himself in the forest. When his peaceful life is once more disturbed by the stepfamily who wishes to see him dead, Snoe decides it’s time to fight back.

Snoe makes a contract with a demon lord and his seven wolves. Revenge on his family in return for his immortal soul. Who knew that plotting the demise of your enemies, one by one, could be so sexy?

Snoe will stand at the top once again, whether his throne is covered in blood and carnage. With seven demon wolves and a contract with a demon lord, Snoe will pay any price for his revenge.

***Crimson Painted Snow, the MM retelling of Snow White features multiple partners, mild blood play, darker theme, and more. Grim and Sinister Delights is a dark romance series based on classic fairy tales and stories. You will find standalone tales of gay romance that range in darkness and kinks. If you dare to take the challenge, read them all to find yourself lost in a classic that you think you know. These stories are for adult readers and may contain morally ambiguous themes.

My review: 

I have mixed feelings about this book. The first half of the story was so amazing, it held my attention and I really enjoyed reading Snoe and his story. 

I was really excited to read about the Snow White retelling because it's one of my favorite, and the demon wolves harem thing was just so awesome. 

Snoe with his harem was really good and those many POVs, it was good to be in their heads too. The whole witch kingdom and the fight to be the best was interesting and exciting. But. After a while I felt the story is way too long and (I can't believe I say this, but) there were way too many sex scene. I don't mind erotica, in fact I LOVED great erotica, but when it got boring and not important for the storyline, I don't like that. And I still can't decide that I like or dislike the fact that the wolves only got sex with Snoe and not with each other too. The sex scenes were really hot and I enjoyed reading them, but after a while it was too much. 

So while I enjoyed the first half, and the darkness and the erotica, it was a bit longer than necesarry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment