Pages - Menu

Sunday, October 04, 2020

~ Vascellum Revenge ~

Author: Emma Jaye
Title: Vascellum Revenge
Series: Incubus 7 (not standalone)
Pages: 182
Release date: 2020 October 22
Add it on Goodreads
Buy it on Amazon
Rating: ★★★★☆


Blurb: 

Revenge is a dish best served Hot and Sweaty

Finn knows his role of detecting others of his kind is vital to save the sex demon species from extinction. But every time Finn finds an unbonded vascellum, the experience twists him, takes him further from the rest of humanity.

Before Ezra seduced and stole Finn away, Charlie dated the naive student, cheated on him, made him ashamed of his desires.
Now it’s Finn’s turn for payback, with help from a demon lacking a shred of human morality. But after the fury ends, how does a human deal with guilt of supernatural proportions?

Vascellum Revenge is a 55K novel in the Incubus series, set after Incubus Freedom.
Warning. Contains an irrational vascellum, a controlling incubus, laugh out loud moments, a dubious consent threesome, pain to forget, and dirty talk.


My review: 

I was so excited to read this book, I was really curious about what will happen with Finn and Ezra. Earlier I thought there weren't enough chapters in Finn's POV, but after reading this book I changed my mind. It was too many chapters for me to be in Finn's head. I much prefer to be in Ezra's or in Silas'. 

This whole Incubus/Vascellum life was so much different from Finn's POV than from Ezra's. I felt those things and I hurt for Finn, but there were times when he was just stubborn and dumb. They were so good together, everything was perfect (at least it looked like that), and now in this book Finn got that in his mind that he isn't a person for Ezra, just a Vascellum, and he isn't love him for what he is, just for the fact that he is indeed a Vascellum. 

Finn's ability to find other un-bonded Vascellum was good, and the jealous scenes were really good, but later when he confronted Ezra with this jealous thing, that was eye opening for Ezra and for me too. Because yeah, it's fun and sexy when Finn got jealous over other Vascellum candidates, but what will Ezra do in a reverse situation, when everyone wants Finn? 

I hurt both for Finn and Ezra, this book was heartbreaking, but I think it was a generated situation thanks to Finn. I missed Milo and Silas. And while I wanted a Silas-Finn scene, that was so not what I imagined for them. 

The Charlie/Revenge scene just holy WOW! That was really hot, and there were some time when I felt bad for Charlie, but after all he really deserved all that.

The BDSM scenes were exciting, and that scene when Finn's energy erupted from him...holyhell, that was amazing. 

I missed happy scenes and I missed Ezra. It was too much Finn for me. It was a great story, but not my favorite from the series. Although the cover is super hot!!!!



1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you liked it, even if you did get a Finn overload!

    ReplyDelete