Pages - Menu

Thursday, July 08, 2021

~ Shezmu by KA Sands ~

 

Author: KA Sands
Title: Shezmu
Series: Malicious Gods: Egypt 4 (standalone)
Pages:
Release date: 2021 July 9
Add it on Goodreads
Buy it on Amazon
Rating: ★★★☆☆ (3,5)


Blurb: 


Welcome to the dark world of Malicious Gods: Egypt.

A collection of standalone modern tales, both magical and non-magical, featuring deities from Ancient Egypt. You’ll find reincarnated Gods, assassins, gangs, madness, and different realities. Expect high heat and morally ambiguous themes. Seductive and often twisted, they are not for the fainthearted.


Tau Shez is a complicated man.

He was no longer the young man who had crouched at his father’s grave and wept, nor was he the young man who had left a broken hearted mother in tears. Tau was a man driven to reinvent himself in order to find what had been stolen from him, and he left everything behind for his cause.

His pathway to hell was not so swift, neither was it painless, and years in the making. Nothing else mattered.

Tau scoured the ends of the earth, walking dark streets, invisible to most. Slinking in the shadows, he’d wait until the time was right. With a Khopesh in one hand, his heart in the other, Tau would deliver his deadly blow on the cusp of an affliction he had no desire to temper.

Going back to Egypt changed the way Tau saw his life.

Bruce Bensen is a simple man.

He wasn’t looking for salvation, nor was he looking for a partner. He wanted a way to live his life without the constant nightmares plaguing his sleep. Finding Tau had been a beautiful coincidence. Among the sea of red clouding Tau’s vision, and a chord which simply just struck, Bruce thought he might have found salvation anyway.

Answering Tau’s call changed the way Bruce saw his life.

They were monsters in the dark, a terrifying alliance, searching for the same thing. They watched each other bleed, Bruce revelling in Tau’s depraved sense of morality, his sadistic mindset capturing Bruce and holding him fast. Bruce wasn’t willing to let Tau go.

As one, they were formidable. Together they caused chaos.

Their mutual goal?

A Ghost.


*Please note - this book is intended for mature audiences and contains graphic themes. It is not a fluffy romance.


My review:

I so wanted to like this book, because I love this series so far, but somehow it just wasn't for me. 

My biggest problem is the lack of Egyptian Gods in the story. There was no mention it, simply one or two sentences at the end that they somehow alike. No, I just wanted more of the Gods. If I'm told a book is about Gods, I want them in my story.

I probably would have enjoyed it more if the MC's name isn't this weird, I mean why not Shezmu, or SHEZ? Tau?! Sorry... 

I enjoyed the first half of the story though, it was dark and I love dark stories. Loved the detailed scenes, but the story behind them wasn't clear for me and this is why I didn't enjoyed the whole book. It was boring, no plot, no excitement, nothing. And why the added third?! WHYYYYY. I love threesomes when it's clearly what they need, but in this case...no.

Sorry for that my review was mostly what I didn't liked, but the only aspect of the book I loved is the darkness and how detailed it was. Aside that no connection with the charaters (and not one between them either). I'm sad and sorry.

I got an ARC copy and sadly, but this was my honest review. It just wasn't for me. 3,5 star for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment