Pages - Menu

Wednesday, July 21, 2021

~ A Darker Palette by Daniel May ~

 

Author: Daniel May
Title: A Darker Palette
Series: Taste of Ink 5 (not standalone)
Pages: 138
Release date: 2021 July 13
Add it on Goodreads
Buy it on Amazon
Rating: ★★★★☆ (4,5)


Blurb: 


Trinket may be stepping out in his relationship, but he's not the only one with secrets.



After spending weeks with his sidepiece - the BDSM-savvy, dirty-talking tattoo artist Mini - Trinket should be in a state of constant postcoital bliss. However, guilt starts to creep in... along with a sneaking suspicion that things are not quite right.

Committed boyfriend Zee, away on a business trip, begins giving off strange vibes. Trinket is uneasy. He calls Zee home early, interrupting his own dirty adventure to embrace the intimacy he's used to with the man he loves.

But before Zee returns, an ugly revelation blindsides Trinket. He's blindsided again by a surprise gift delivered to the house, and hit for a third time with Zee finally comes home and hits him with the biggest secret of all.

Trinket is left beyond conflicted - health of his relationship aside, how can he make peace with himself or either of his men in the wake of these truths?

A Darker Palette is the 36k word follow-up to A Stanza on Skin, and the fifth book in the Taste of Ink series. It contains cheaty, kinky sex, and potential triggers. It does not end with a HEA/HFN but leads directly into part six.


My review: 

I was so looking forward to this, I breathe in this series like air and I'm addicted to it just the same. Trinket, Mini and Zee - gosh, the hottest and kinkiest series this year, I can't stop reading them, I just need more! 

However, this one wasn't as perfect as the others. And why? Because I missed the kinky and edgy scenes. (In edgy I mean the cheating part; are they gonna get caught or not, is it risky enough or not?!) 

I still loved Mini and Trinket's relationship, but since Zee is away, it wasn't as interesting. There were one or two scenes when I was biting my nails and fanning myself, but there was no release... 

When Trinket went to shopping and later he tried them on while Mini was recording...wow. But that was that, end of story. No sending it to Zee, no response, nothing, just them enjoying each other. 

I love those scenes where Trinket is deep in thought and tells us how much he loves Zee and I love that Zee is still in the dark. The ending is just as cruel as the previous ones, the author loves his readers keep in suspense. 

Still enjoyed the book but it wasn't as hot as the others. 

Can't wait the next one! OMG, give it to me already, please.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment