Pages - Menu

Thursday, May 20, 2021

~ Nathan by Carly Marie ~

 

Author: Carly Marie
Title: Nathan
Series: Johnson Family Rules 2
Pages: 320
Release date: 2021 May 20
Add it on Goodreads
Buy it on Amazon
Rating: ★★★☆☆


Blurb: 


It’s true that you catch more bees with honey than vinegar… but what if I’m looking for a unicorn?

Elliot’s life has been planned out for him: college, job, marriage, family. Going through life on autopilot, he’s rarely done anything for himself. When his sham marriage falls apart, he has to rebuild from the ground up and is faced with admitting the thing he’s hidden from everyone: He’s gay.

Nathan thrives on control and order. Having no say in the new attorney that was hired threatens both. Before meeting Elliot, Nathan’s made it his mission to run him off as quickly as possible. That is, until he spots him at DASH, the gay club in town.

Could Elliot be the unicorn Nathan’s been looking for? He’s never going to know if he doesn’t try, but the problem is going to be getting the quiet attorney to turn off his brain and just feel. If Nathan can find a way to be the Dom Elliot is just discovering he’s always needed, Elliot might just be the unicorn that changes Nathan’s life.

Nathan is the second book in the Johnson Family Rules series. When the Johnson family is around, there’s no telling what might happen. They are a family who loves fiercely and has unconditional support and nosiness for everyone in their lives. Nathan and Elliot are bound to be inundated with well-meaning family as they find their way as Dom and sub.

My review: 

Baby gay and baby sub. That's Elliott - 35, a new attorney to Nathan. Sounds good, right? Who doesn't like an office romance with BDSM elements and a virgin MC?

But I had problems with the book, so sadly it wasn't my favorite. And it's a new for me, because this book is the first from Carly that I gave less then 4 stars. I'm sad.

Slow burn, boring chapters, nothing happened at all. First kiss at 50%, first penetrative sex at the end of the book... And the biggest problem, I missed the BDSM. Nathan and his whole family works/owns DASH (gay BDSM club), and Nathan is a Dom. Yeah, Elliott is a baby sub, but come on, this book wasn't BDSM at all. Kneeling - end of the scene. I love kneeling subs, so at least I enjoyed those, but I missed more - both in deapth and play.

I couldn't find the romance part of the story either, it was just two flat character doing their thing and at the end of the book they exchanged I love yous, but aside that, I really couldn't find it where they fallen in love? 

Sorry, it wasn't for me. I wanted to DNF it but I had hope... yeah, I haven't had missed anything if I'd finish it early. OR if I start at 50%. It blows my mind, but it's true. If you start at the 50% you will understand everything just the same, but you save yourself time.

Ps. There was one scene that had potential, and it wasn't in the book! So I thought it would be the bonus scene... but NO. Come on! Office sex, blow job under the desk while someone in the room?! I want that!


No comments:

Post a Comment